Wine Tasting in Transylvania CountrysideWith: Adela 34
What you need to know about this wine tasting tour in Transylvania
- This is a private tour starting from Sibiu. Duration: 6-7 hours. Minimum booking required for 4 people
- Included: transport and guide,, wine tasting and local snacks/apetizers
- A fun group experience if you're looking to spend some time in the beautiful Romanian countryside!
- We will travel to a family-owned vineyard in the hills of Sibiu where we learn about the wine making tradition in this region and taste 'the product' of their work!
- Beautiful landscapes and peaceful nature. A great way to relax and recharge your batteries!
The tour is available only from May to October!
Comfortable shoes required.
Should you have any food allergies or special requirements, please let us know.
Moments to expect during the wine tour in Transylvania:
Sibiu walking tour
We start our trip with a short walking tour of Sibiu, European Region of Gastronomy in 2019. The city has a vibrant multicultural scene but also has a special place in Romanian gastronomy and wine-making. Local producers take great pride in their roots and products so this will be a perfect introduction to our trip!
The hills around Sibiu were historically known as part of Transylvania's Wine Land. People used to harvest only white grapes and produce specific types of wine: Pinot Gris, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc and Royal Maiden. We'll visit a family-owned local vineyard, have a walking tour and learn about their wine-making tradition, the family business and old stories from the area!
A delicious wine tasting
After all this walk & talk, time to get to the practical stuff: we'll enjoy a guided tasting of 5 types of wine from the region, accompanied with home-grown and locally-sourced Romanian snacks and appetizers that go very well with the wines. With such beautiful views of the area, I'm pretty sure you'll want to have a 2nd, even a 3rd glass of wine :)
- Starting point: Sibiu
- Nearest airport: Sibiu International Airport
- Nearest train station: Sibiu Railway Station
- Landscape: Countryside, Hills
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?