Hiking tour in Piatra Craiului National ParkWith: Marian 8
What you need to know about the hiking tour in Piatra Craiului National Park
- This is a guided and shared hiking tour starting from Brasov for small groups (1-8). Duration around 8 hours
- Included: transport, licensed English-speaking mountain guide, entrance fee in the National Park. Not included: lunch (available as optional on booking page)
- The tour runs daily all year long, subject only to weather conditions. Best period: May - October
- You will hike through Piatra Craiului National Park, cross Zarnesti Gorge and visit two authentic mountain villages (Pestera & Magura) or hike to Curmatura Hut. Between June-September we can also stop at a sheep farm
- An above average or very good physical condition is needed for this hike. Uphill+downhill walk: 700 m
- IMPORTANT: our guide-partner requires full payment of tour price in advance. Fully refundable if canceled with 3 full days in advance of tour date
Mandatory equipment: waterproof hiking boots, warm clothes depending on season, small backpack.
Route can be changed because of the weather conditions.
Meeting point: The History Museum in Piata Sfatului Square, Brasov – 9:00 AM.
Moments to expect in the hiking trip to Piatra Craiului Natural Park
Hike in Piatra Craiului National Park
The Carpathian Mountains offer many spectacular sights for those going on hiking trips but the Piatra Craiului Mountains is definitely among the best options out there. The park is a natural beauty very well preserved with superb views on every trail. We will hike to Curmatura Hut on top of a hill to admire everything.
The Zarnesti Gorge - a natural wonder
On our hiking tour we will also pass through Zarnesti Gorge, one of the most popular and beautiful in Romania. While in its narrow pass you will feel isolated from the outside world and protected by the rocky walls around you. And the clean, fresh mountain air is going to make your trip so much better!
Traditional Romanian mountain villages
Romania is a country with many villages and each have adapted to their environment. Villages in the Carpathian Mountains are special because locals have a unique way of life, self-sustainable and isolated from the outside world. We will pass through the villages of Magura and Pestera and you will meet locals and learn more about what they do and their fascinating daily life.
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International Henri Coanda Airport
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Mountains, mountain villages, gorges
Reviews from travellers
This tour was absolutely fantastic! Our guide was really caring and took notice of requirements of all in the group. Made the whole journey memorable and ensured that we were fed well during and after the trip which was a very welcome surprise. Thank you!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?