1 or 2 Day Hiking Tour in Piatra Craiului National ParkWith: Marian 32
What you need to know about the hiking tour in Piatra Craiului National Park
- This is a private guided 1 day hiking tour starting from Brasov. Duration: approx. 8 hours. Can be extended to 2 days
- Included: transport to the National Park & entrance fee, licensed English-speaking mountain guide. Not included: lunch (available as optional on booking page)
- The tour runs daily all year long, subject only to weather conditions. Best period: April - October
- You will hike through Piatra Craiului National Park, cross Zarnesti Gorge and visit two authentic mountain villages (Pestera & Magura) or hike to Curmatura Hut. Between June-September we can also stop at a sheep farm
- A medium physical condition is required: 500-700m altitude differences, 5-8h of continuous trekking, 5-10km. Trails will be discussed and agreed on the spot depending on weather and your preferences
- Tour extension 160 Euro/person (incl. overnight and 3 meals) - we can go hiking 2 full days to "ride the crest" of Piatra Craiului and summit the highest peak at 2238m
- IMPORTANT: our guide-partner requires full payment of tour price in advance. Fully refundable if canceled with 3 full days before tour date
Mandatory equipment: waterproof hiking boots, warm clothes depending on season, small backpack, water bottles / person, energy bars / snacks and hiking sticks if you think you need them [can also be rented from our guide].
Route can be changed because of the weather conditions.
The tour extension includes dinner on day 1, accommodation with breakfast at a local guesthouse, lunch pack, extra guidance & driving. If tour is extended to 2 days you need to cancel with 7 days before the tour to get a full refund.
Meeting point: The History Museum in Piata Sfatului Square, Brasov – 8:30 AM.
Moments to expect in the hiking trip to Piatra Craiului Natural Park
Hike in Piatra Craiului National Park
The Carpathian Mountains offer many spectacular sights for those going on hiking trips but Piatra Craiului Mountains is undoubtedly unique: the 25km limestone ridge is a 'wall in the sky' fascinating to watch, exciting to hike! No matter which trail we take, we'll enjoy superb views! Piatra Craiului Park is also a well-preserved ecosystem for vegetation and wild animals. We will hike to Curmatura Hut on top of a hill to admire the entire area!
Zarnesti Gorge - a natural wonder!
On our hiking tour we will also pass through Zarnesti Gorge, one of the most popular and beautiful in Romania. While in its narrow pass you will feel isolated from the outside world and protected by the rocky walls around you. And the clean, fresh mountain air is going to make your trip so much better!
Traditional Romanian mountain villages
Romania is a country with many villages and each have adapted to their environment. Villages in the Carpathian Mountains are special because locals have a unique way of life, self-sustainable and isolated from the outside world. We will pass through the villages of Magura and Pestera and you will meet locals and learn more about what they do and their fascinating daily life.
[Tour extension]: 2-day hike in Piatra Craiului = summit the ridge!
If you extend this hiking trip to 2-days then we can attempt to summit the Baciului Peak at 2238m, the highest in Piatra Craiului. The views from up top are breathtaking and worth the effort! A very good physical condition is required for this. We can also do other trails including partially traverse the limestone ridge. Trails will be discussed and agreed on the spot.
[160 Euro/person extra cost; available on booking page]
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International Henri Coanda Airport
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Mountains, mountain villages, gorges
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?