1. Romanian Friend is an online booking platform connecting travellers who want to visit Romania to our carefully selected partners - local guides and people passionate about our country and what they do. This website was created by a team of proud locals from Romania - read more about us
2. All our partners are handpicked by your Romanian friend after we personally talk to them, check their credentials and reviews. We work only with the people we think are best suited to show you a great time in Romania, are knowledgeable about our history, culture, specific regions or travel interests (like hiking) and offer safe and professional tourism services.
3. All tours and trips you see here are selected and reviewed by us so that you get the best value for money and experience Romania in an authentic way! As locals, we know the best places to visit and the most interesting things to do in our country, so rest assured - whatever you decide to book with us you will have an amazing experience! Have a look at what other travellers say about using Romanian Friend
But - we're on a mission: to support responsible tourism in Romania. We want tourism to benefit both travellers and the places & communities visited through local, cultural immersive experiences based on mutual respect and understanding for the world's diversity - read more about what is responsible tourism
What this means for you is that tours and trips you see on Romanian Friend don't include hotels, restaurants or just classical sightseeing. If you're booking with us you will visit lesser known regions and communities in Romania, stay in traditional guesthouses, eat meals with homegrown or locally sourced products or meet locals, craftsmen and artisans with interesting stories to share about our culture. This doesn't affect the quality or comfort of your travel experience, it just makes it more personal :)
Romanian Friend offers instant support and help at any stage of this process.
4. Request a booking. After you've decided on a trip, you can request a booking from our local partner. On the booking page you can customise your trip, send a personal note to our partner and fill in your details (safely stored for our eyes only).
Also - we have a great network of partners all over Romania with in-depth knowledge of all regions and types of interest-travel. If you want a custom, tailor-made trip to match your exact wishes - we can help you create that and connect you with the right local guide. Just contact us
5. Pay a deposit. Before sending your booking request to our partners, we will charge you a deposit to make sure of your commitment and so that our partner can begin preparations. The usual deposit is 10% of the total price of your trip but for complex, multi-day trips we might charge 30% to cover initial expenses.
Electronic payments are securely processed by PayPal or a secure Romanian e-payment partner (MobilPay) that accepts all types of bank cards, credit or debit (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro).
6. Wait for confirmation. Our partners have full independence and make their own schedule. Depending on their availability, your booking request will be answered within 24 hours. In case of conflicting bookings, our partners can propose + / - 1 day to your booking date, but you can refuse the date change and get a refund.
Romanian Friend helps you save precious time with finding guides, tours and back-and-forth communications trying to get trip details, prices or secure availability for tours in Romania. And by choosing to book with us, you are guaranteed to have a great guide and an amazing experience - while travelling responsibly! Win-Win
7. If your booking is confirmed – you are set and ready to go! You will receive the contact details of your guide or host to arrange the final details of your trip and will pay the remaining balance on day of arrival.
8 If your booking is declined – we will reimburse the amount you paid within 5 working days.
9 If you decide to cancel your booking you can get a full refund of your deposit if you send a cancelation request according to the following policies:
for most tours and trips on Romanian Friend is the easy cancelation policy. The ‘Additional information’ section of each tour should be checked to see if other policies apply, depending on each partner's request. You agree to this cancelation policy when making a booking request.
For example, a booking made on the 10th must be cancelled on the 6th by 23:59 at the latest (Romanian local time) in case the easy cancelation policy applies. Cancelation requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of no-shows you will not be entitle for a refund.
For more information, please check our terms and conditions.