A Night Tour of Hoia Baciu Haunted ForestWith: Alex 6
What you need to know about this haunted forest tour:
- This is a private tour starting from Cluj-Napoca. The tour can start between 18:00-22:00 and lasts 3-4 hours. Also available as day tour
- Included: pick-up and transport from Cluj-Napoca, guidance, scientific measuring equipment, ponchos in case of rain and flashlights.
- Expect walking around 4 km in the forest for about 2-3 hours. We will give you special measurement and investigation equipment
- We will take you to the main spot of the forest, Poiana Rotunda and show you some bizarre vegetation.
We recommend you wear comfortable & warm clothes and hiking boots. It might be muddy in case of rain
Exact meeting point will be agreed before the trip.
Optional at extra cost (on booking page):
- transfer to & from Cluj Airpot
Moments to expect in the haunted forrest trip:
The round clearing is considered to be the main spot of the forest where various researchers have recorded unusual data and paranormal activity over time. It's almost perfectly round-shaped and no vegetation grows in the middle except for grass at exactly the same height. How weird is that?
We will investigate the clearing and make our way deeper in the forest using EMF meters, a Geiger counter, photo cameras or other devices depending on the situation.
- Starting point: Cluj - Napoca
- Nearest airport: Cluj - Napoca International
- Nearest train station: Cluj-Napoca
- Landscape: Hills, countryside, forest
Reviews from travellers
We enjoyed an amazing day tour with Alex. What a skilled and thoughtful, knowledgeable guide Alex is! He gives much information, is very personable and at all times you know that he loves the forest and his profession as a tour guide. The information and insight Alex gave us exceeded our expectations by far and we would most highly recommend Alex to anyone wanting to visit the Hoia Baciu forest. Thank you Alex! Have a wonderful season with nice people! Vanessa and Roland from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Alex is a sincere and experienced tourguide that you will feel peaceful while walking with him in forest. We are lucky that the weather is really nice, full moon with no clouds, only the mysterious round area has snow, just amazing scene, very beautiful. If you come to Cluj, make sure not to miss this.
The whole trip was well organised and very easy to arrange. Whatever your views on the paranormal, the woods are a beautiful place to visit at night and it would not be possible without a local guide. I would recommend anyone visiting Cluj to give it a go!
Our guide was an environmental physisct by education, which made this trip so awesome! He explained the explainable in logical terms and told us about the unexplainable! He was amazing! We had a fantastic time and caught a lot more paranormal photos than I ever expected! Such a great tour, I love when science meets metaphysics, Hoia Baciu is the perfect storm!
The guide was very personable anf spoke wonderful English. He was passionate about the forest and its history. Would highly recommend. Without Romanian Friend I wouldn't have found this tour so I'm glad I booked, thanks!!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?