A Day Trip in Romania's Haunted Forest: Hoia BaciuWith: Alex 5
What you need to know about the haunted forest day trip:
- This is a private trip starting from Cluj-Napoca. The tour can start between 8:00-10:00 AM Duration 2-3 hours. Also available as a night tour
- Included: transport from Cluj, guidance, scientific measurement equipment and ponchos in case of rain
- Expect walking around 4 km in the forest for about 2-3 hours. You will use special measurement and investigation equipment.
- We will take you to the main spot of the forest, Poiana Rotunda and show you some bizarre vegetation.
We recommend you wear comfortable & warm clothes and hiking boots. It might be muddy in case of rain
Exact meeting point will be agreed before the trip.
Optional at extra cost (on booking page):
- transfer to & from Cluj Airport
Moments to expect during the haunted forest tour:
A trip to Poiana Rotunda
The round clearing is considered to be the main spot of the forest where various researchers have recorded unusual data and paranormal activity over time. It's almost perfectly round-shaped and no vegetation grows in the middle except for grass at exactly the same height. How weird is that?
Investigate the forest
We will investigate the clearing and make our way deeper in the forest using EMF meters, a Geiger counter, photo cameras or other devices depending on the situation.
Reviews from other travelers
All the people we've taken to Hoia Baciu forest found it was an interesting experience - so come see it for yourself!
- Starting point: Cluj-Napoca
- Nearest airport: Cluj-Napoca International
- Nearest train station: Cluj-Napoca
- Landscape: Hills, countryside, forest
Reviews from travellers
Alex is a very funny and friendly guide. I really enjoyed my tour of the forest and chatting with him about Romania and the legends of the forest. If I come back I would like to do a night tour next time.
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?