A Day Trip in Romania's Haunted Forest: Hoia BaciuWith: Alex 12
What you need to know about the haunted forest day trip:
- This is a private trip starting from Cluj-Napoca. The tour can start between 8:00-10:00 AM Duration 2-3 hours. Also available as a night tour
- Included: transport from Cluj, guidance, scientific measurement equipment and ponchos in case of rain
- Expect walking around 4 km in the forest for about 2-3 hours. You will use special measurement and investigation equipment.
- We will take you to the main spot of the forest, Poiana Rotunda and show you some bizarre vegetation.
We recommend you wear comfortable & warm clothes and hiking boots. It might be muddy in case of rain
Exact meeting point will be agreed before the trip.
Optional at extra cost (on booking page):
- transfer to & from Cluj Airport
Moments to expect during the haunted forest tour:
A trip to Poiana Rotunda
The round clearing is considered to be the main spot of the forest where various researchers have recorded unusual data and paranormal activity over time. It's almost perfectly round-shaped and no vegetation grows in the middle except for grass at exactly the same height. How weird is that?
Investigate the forest
We will investigate the clearing and make our way deeper in the forest using EMF meters, a Geiger counter, photo cameras or other devices depending on the situation.
Reviews from other travelers
All the people we've taken to Hoia Baciu forest found it was an interesting experience - so come see it for yourself!
Cancelation & refund policyEasy
Sends us or the guide an email 24h before the tour informing us you can't make it and you'll get a full refund of your payment, no questions asked.
- Starting point: Cluj-Napoca
- Nearest airport: Cluj-Napoca International
- Nearest train station: Cluj-Napoca
- Landscape: Hills, countryside, forest
Reviews from travellers
The tour was amazing! Alex was very knowledgeable and provided us with different perspectives surrounding the lore and hauntings, while also incorporating the historical aspect. 100% recommend.
Very nice forest and especially the guide, Alex. Everything was interesting to see and also to hear stories about legends was a plus. Great experience!
It was an enjoyable trip with a friendly guide. It was in the hunted forest and from the stories that kept streeming from our guid Alex, we lost very quickly the griff in reality and God knows now what was a real story and what was fiction. Above all it was a pleasent morning in a lovely forest. Oh... and be aware from the alien in the tree!
Alex is a very funny and friendly guide. I really enjoyed my tour of the forest and chatting with him about Romania and the legends of the forest. If I come back I would like to do a night tour next time.
Other tours nearby
A Haunted Forest by Night
Start from: Cluj - Napoca
Walk Cluj-Napoca with a Local
Start from: Cluj-Napoca
The Best Food Tour in Cluj-Napoca
Start from: Cluj-Napoca
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?