Short Walk & Talk about Cluj-Napoca with a LocalWith: Florin 30
What you need to know
- This is a 2-3h private walk & talk tour in Cluj-Napoca
- You will see the major sights of the city as well as lesser known but beautiful side streets and learn about the city's historic passion for culture
- The attractions we will visit do not require an entrance fee
- We will also make a stop for some local street food pastries (the best place! in my opinion)
Just bring comfortable shoes and your good spirits!
Moments to expect
Museum Square - heart of the city!
The Museum Square is the oldest part of medieval Cluj or Clausenburg as it was once known. Today, it's a cozy pedestrian area with cobbled streets, very old buildings and full of bars and cool hangout places for the youngsters of city. This will be our starting point.
Union Square - city centre
Cluj city centre is impressive because it's such a mix of different architectural styles: the monumental Gothic St. Michael Church, the Art Nouveau Continental Hotel or the bourgeois houses you can see all around. It's also the place where most of city life happens, major events, festivities, protests or revolutions. From here we walk on Eroilor Blvd., the city's main street, where there are lots of interesting things to learn about - including some delicious local street food!
Avram Iancu Square
At the end of our walk we reach the Austrian-inspired National Theatre and Opera House, the New-Byzantine Orthodox cathedral and some impressive aristocratic homes built as a sign of power and pride by Romanian, Hungarian and Austrian families.
- Starting point: Cluj-Napoca
- Nearest airport: Avram Iancu International Airport
- Nearest train station: Cluj-Napoca Train Station
- Landscape: Urban
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?