Bran Castle & Hike in Piatra Craiului National ParkWith: Dan 2
What you need to know about this trip to Bran castle:
- This is a 1-day private tour starting from Bucharest. Duration: approx. 12 hours
- Included: transport (approx. 400 km drive) and guidance. Not included: lunch (10-15€/pers), entrance fee at the castle (10€/pp) and personal expenses
- First, we will visit Bran Castle where I will give you a private tour of Romania's top attraction - the real thing, not just touristy Dracula stories
- After that, we can stop at a local guesthouse for a delicious home cooked lunch with traditional dishes
- Then we go on an easy or medium 5h hike in Piatra Craiului National Park. Exact route will be agreed on spot depending on your physical condition
- Either way we go, expect some great landscapes & photo opportunities along the way!
Depending on weather and your physical condition, we can adapt the hiking rout on the spot. You need a light backpack, some snacks for the day, water, good hiking boots or similar. A windproof/waterproof jacket is required and comfortable pants are recommended.
You can read more about Bran Castle and Piatra Craiului National Park in the 'About Romania' section of Romanian Friend.
Moments to expect in the trip to Bran Castle:
Fortress in the mountains: Bran Castle
Our first stop will be to visit the famous Bran Castle, known for inspiring Bram Stoker to write his story about Dracula. We will learn if there is any truth to that story, find out about Romanian history and visit a beautifully preserved medieval castle that is almost 800 years old!
Hike in the beautiful Carpathian Mountains
After our visit, we will begin our hike in in Piatra Craiului National Park. We will start at approx. 1000 m and go up to the highest point at 1470 m. We will enjoy nature, admire the views and have take some great pictures. On our way we will pass through traditional mountain villages so expect many scenes from local life.
Traditional mountain villages
The area at the base of Piatra Craiului Mts. is known for its picturesque beauty. Mountain villages such as Magura, Pestera, Sirnea are spread across hills. Locals here live a traditional life and are very friendly, sell homemade cheese, honey and other delicious stuff. We're probably going to meet them - and their sheep or cows!
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: Mountainous, hills, forests
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?