Guided Walking Tour of Bohemian Sibiu with a NativeWith: Adela 16
What you need to know
- This is a guided tour of Sibiu Old Town area with a native guide. Duration: 2.30 hours
- We will see the main landmarks and major attractions of Sibiu such as: Upper Town (Piata Mare) and Lower Town, the Council Tower, the Evangelical Church, the Liars'Bridge and many others
- No entrance fees required on our route. Depending on weather and your interests, we can adjust the itinerary.
- Many handcrafts, artisans and homemade products on our route, if you're interested.
We usually start from the old town area but I can also pick you up from where you're staying if around the Old Town Center.
As Sibiu has many cobbled streets, please wear comfortable shoes.
Unless you mention specifically that you want a private tour, there might be other travelers joining you on this trip. Max group size 6. Costs will be lower for everyone.
Moments to expect
The Big Square
Sibiu is famous for its wonderful squares with colorful, beautiful buildings. The visit includes the old town with its former defensive walls, towers and bastions, beautiful squares, different churches, the famous Liars' Bridge, the Brukenthal Palace, narrow old streets, hidden tunnels and passageways.
Little Square and its Council Tower
A place animated by beautiful monuments and lively terraces. There are a lot of important sights here: the Catholic Church, the Evangelic Church, the Council Tower, the Luxembourg House, the Liars' Bridge,
Learn about why this small bridge came to be known as Liar's Bridge. Hint - an honesty test is involved!
The Evangelical Church
This is one of the oldest churches in Transylvania and the second as size. There are lots of interesting and fun stories and legends about this imposing construsction.
- Starting point: Sibiu
- Nearest airport: Sibiu or Cluj International
- Nearest train station: Sibiu Train Station
- Landscape: Cobbled streets/ Stair Passageway
Reviews from travellers
We were very impressed with the knowledge of Adela. She was able to answer any questions we had about Sibiu, Transylvania or Romania. She was very proud of the city and you can tell. Great tour!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?