The Wine Tradition of Romania: Premium Wine Tasting in Dealu Mare
What you need to know about this wine tour of Romania:
- This is a private day trip starting from Bucharest. Duration: 9-10 hours
- Included: transport (aprox. 240 km), guidance, a premium wine tasting with 6 wines, 3 course traditional meal and entrance to Bellu Manor Museum
- You will visit a premium wine producer, visit their cellars and taste 6 varieties of wine (from 20 available) with a sommelier's guidance, paired with local cheese, bread and oil
- Next, we visit Bellu Manor, a traditional and well-preserved 'boyar' house now turned museum, to learn about Romanian wine-making history
- Finally we go to another 'boyar' villa in the area to enjoy a delicious and traditional 3-course meal with local products
- Optional: enjoy a 2nd wine tasting at another premium wine producer (15 Euro/person extra cost) instead of visiting Bellu Manor.
- Please book this tour with as much advance notice as you can. Wineries are very busy and fully booked especially in Aug - Oct
If you plan on doing the tour during Autumn harvest, you will also see parts of the wine production process live and taste grapes!
Pick-up & drop-off to your hotel / accommodation included.
Moments to expect in the wine tasting tour of Romania:
Visit an old and beautiful countryside manor
We start our trip from Bucharest by driving to the small town of Urlati where we visit a superb manor-now-museum built in the 1850s in a typical Romanian architectural style: Bellu Manor. Its owner was a 'boyar' (aristocrat) a rich landowner from medieval times, influential in Romanian politics and economy. This is a marvellous example of old Romanian lifestyle and culture with many original, well-preserved exhibits.
A premium wine tasting with local cheese and superb views
Next we drive to Lacerta Winery, one of the most modern in the region and a premium wine producer in Romania. We will visit their splendid vineyard, production areas and cellars, and then choose 6 wine varieties (out of 20) to taste, accompanied by a wine lesson from their staff. You will also enjoy a platter of local cheeses to go with the wine! And the views... superb!
Enjoy a delicious meal in a superb setting
We then drive to Vinalia Manor in Ceptura village, another traditional boyar house once the home of Prahova county's richest. Here we enjoy a traditional 3-course meal with locally sourced products in the beautifully decorated restaurant.
[Optional] Second wine tasting and cellar visit
Learn more about the wine-producing history of the region and enjoy a delicious second wine tasting during your meal in Vinalia Manor. You will see the cellar of this beautiful manor, learn about their wine-making history and enjoy a guided wine-tasting of 5 wines.
[extra 15 Euro/person]
Cancelation & refund policyEasy
Sends us or the guide an email 24h before the tour informing us you can't make it and you'll get a full refund of your payment, no questions asked.
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International Henri Coanda Airport
- Nearest train station: North Train Station
- Landscape: Hills and countryside
Other tours nearby
Start from: Dealu Mare wine area (or Bucharest)
Start from: Bucharest
Start from: Bucharest
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?