The Most Spectacular Hike in the Romanian CarpathiansWith: Dan 2
What you need to know
- This is a private day trip on request trip starting from Bucharest. Group size min 2 max 6 people
- Transport and guidance included. Please check 'additional info' section for more details
- We will hike in the mountains an entire day with significant physical effort involved (medium-high difficulty). We start at 1000 m and go up to the highest peak at 1954 m (4 hrs.). About 2 hrs. to get back to the car
- Great landscapes and photo opportunities on the way
Necessary equipment for the hike: light backpack (20 l max.), hiking boots or similar, fleece jacket, windproof/waterproof jacket, water (2 l), snacks for the day (ex: peanuts, almonds, chocolate, dried fruits), something to cover the head, mountain pants or similar (windproof and waterproof).
There are no huts on the route and no water sources. In case guests want, there is the posisbility of having dinner at a restaurant nearby, on the way back to Bucharest, after the hike.
The estimated driving time from Bucharest to the mountains and back is 3 hrs.
The tour can be altered on the spot depending on the weather, physical condition of the guests, other relevant aspects.
Moments to expect
Hiking up to Ciucas Peak
On our way to Ciucas Peak at 1954m we will enjoy some great views of the Carpathian mountains with exceptional fresh air. We will see some interesting rock formations and valleys like nowhere else in Romania!
Plenty of photo opportunities
On our hike, you will want to stop many times to take photos of the surrounding landscapes. We will see some splendid views of Bucegi Mts and Piatra Craiului National Park, with all the other important Mts. formations in Romania. Charge your batteries!
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: Mountainous, hills, forests
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?