Hiking Day Trip: 7 Stairs Canyon & Castles SightseeingWith: Bogdan 15
What you need to know about this hiking trip to 7 Stairs Canyon:
- This is a private guided & customisable trip from Bucharest to multiple attractions. Duration: ~12h and 3h of driving per way
- Included: transport (400 km), guidance and entrance fee (Canyon). Not included: lunch, personal expenses or entrance fees to other attractions
- We will start by visiting the 7 Stairs Canyon on an easy hike through the woods (4h in total). On our way back, for those more adventurous of you, you can use a Zip-Line for 2 km/1.2 mi
- After the hike, you can opt to visit Brasov medieval town or the fabulous Peles Castle (included in tour price)
- Tour can also be extended to visit Cantacuzino Palace in Busteni OR the famous Bran (Dracula) Castle. Extensions available at extra price on booking page
- If time allows, we can also stop for a delicious lunch - I know some very good local restaurants! Or grab a quick sandwich on the road
The 7 Stairs Canyon is climbed through a series of metal passageways, stairs and ladders, some very narrow and others going up vertically. They are safe but not suitable for small children or people with no mountaineering experience, severe claustrophobia, afraid of heights or without a good physical condition.
The price for using the Zip-Line is not included (~10€) and is subject to availability and weather conditions.
During winter time please contact us first to check if the Canyon is open. From 27.05.2023 the Canyon is open every day until November.
Please dress appropriately and wear waterproof hiking boots and clothes. A moderate amount of walking is involved in the forest and the stairs in the canyon are slightly slippery due to humidity.
Moments to expect during this 7 Ladder Canyon hiking tour:
Pick up the hiking trail to the 7 Stairs Canyon
After a ~3h drive from Bucharest, we enter the Carpathian woodlands. To reach the Canyon we will hike for about 2 hours along a dense valley and following the stream of a river. You will experience raw nature, beautiful waterfalls and the cleanest fresh air! On our way back we can choose the same route, go on one that's more difficult and longer or use the 2,1 Zip-Line with 21 possible routes through the forest - a real adventure!
Climbing the 7 Stairs Canyon!
The Canyon was created by natural forces thousands of years ago when chalkstones ruptured and formed a narrow canyon with 7 waterfalls inside, some as high as 15m! The Canyon is climbed though a series of narrow stairs and ladders, some even going up vertically! You will have a very close encounter with nature and admire its beauty in this natural wonder! Crossing the Canyon takes about 20-30 min.
Sightseeing time: Brasov Old Town OR Peles Castle
After our hiking adventure, it's time to go sightseeing: we will visit Brasov Old Town or the superb Peles Castle. In Brasov I will guide you through the city and show you its major landmarks and famous narrow streets with colourful medieval houses. Peles Castle is the jewel among all Romanian castles, a beautiful summer residence built for the royal family at the end of 19th century!
Tour extension: Cantacuzino Castle OR Bran Castle
This tour can be customised according to your preferences to include other important attractions in the area: Bran (Dracula) Castle (close to Brasov) OR Cantacuzino Castle in Busteni. If time allows - and you let me know me in advance - we can include one of these sights in our tour so that we have the Canyon and 2 sights! Customisation options available on booking page.
Cancelation & refund policyEasy
Sends us or the guide an email 24h before the tour informing us you can't make it and you'll get a full refund of your payment, no questions asked.
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International Henri Coanda Airport
- Nearest train station: North Train Station
- Landscape: Mountains, gorge, woodlands, urban
Other tours nearby
Start from: Brasov
Start from: Brașov
Start from: Brasov
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?