Hiking Trip to the Spectacular 7 Stairs CanyonWith: Marian 8
What you need to know about this hiking tour to 7 Stairs Canyon
- This is a short hiking trip from Brasov to 7 Stairs Canyon only for small groups. Duration: 4 hours
- Included: guidance and transport (free pick-up/drop-off included). Not included: food, drinks and entrance to canyon (10 Lei - 2,5€)
- The trip will start with a moderate hike to the Canyon and there are 2 return routes to choose from (one more difficult but beautiful)
- The 7 Stairs (Ladders) Canyon is a narrow gorge with pathways, stairways and vertical ladders that have to be climbed in stages to reach the top (30 min); medium difficulty
- The stairs are safe, recently refurbished and don't require special climbing equipment. During winter the Canyon is closed
- IMPORTANT: our guide-partner requires full payment of tour price in advance. Fully refundable if canceled with 3 full days in advance of tour date
Please dress appropriately: waterproof hiking boots and clothes. A moderate amount of walking is involved.
The trip and exact route is subject to favorable weather conditions. During weekends in high season (June - August) it might be crowded.
Tour not suitable for small children or people with no mountaineering experience, severe claustrophobia or afraid of heights.
Moments to expect in the hiking tour to 7 Ladders Canyon
A spectacular natural attraction!
This stunning gorge, chasm or canyon - whatever you want to call it! is famous for its steep ladders attached to rocks that pass very close to seven tumbling waterfalls that have formed inside ages ago. Besides the fresh and clean air, you will have a very up-close and personal encounter with nature and be able to appreciate its beauty! Crossing the canyon takes about 15-30 min.
The hiking route back home
After reaching the top of the canyon, you can choose between two return routes: the standard 1,5 hour trek or a slightly harder 2-3 hour hiking trail which goes deeper through the forests, meadows and hills of Piatra Mare Massif near Brasov. Either way, it will be beautiful!
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Mountain
Reviews from travellers
This was a spectacular hike! We were not very fast but our guide Charlie was patient and knowledgeable. Thank you!
Really awesome trip and the guide was super nice. The whole logistics went super smooth and our guide really took care to make sure everything was taken care of. Highly recommended and would love to do it again! Also thanks to Romanian Friend for advising & helping me book this trip!
Other tours nearby
Start from: Bucharest
Start from: Brașov
Start from: Brasov
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?