Bike & Wine Tasting Trip in Bucharest CountrysideWith: Oana 1
What you need to know during the Bucharest Bike & Wine Tour
- This is a group tour running on specific dates - please check calendar. Duration 6-8 hours
- Included: bike and helmet rental, wine cellar visit, wine tasting & local cheese selection with a local expert
- A relaxed and easy countryside 25 km bike trip combined with authentic Romanian wine tasting
- Starting point in Urlati (near Ploiesti), approx. 80 km from Bucharest. Transfer from Bucharest available at extra cost on booking page
- We will also provide sandwiches, water, energy bars, fruits as well as a special dessert along the way
- Romania is the 6th largest among European wine-producing countries, increasingly popular for its delicious - and affordable - wines. Prepare for a surprise!
- Tour can also be done on request for private groups - please contact Romanian Friend for details
Your tour will include:
• assistance car along the route
• photos from the event
• discounts when purchasing wine from the cellar
• small tips for the cycling guides
Please note that a medium cancellation policy applies.
Moments to expect during the Bike & Wine Tour in Bucharest:
Premium winery visit & tasting
We will visit a typical wine cellar in the famous wine producing region of Dealu Mare in Prahova. Privately owned by a premium wine producer, we will enjoy a delicious wine tasting, learn about the history of wine producing in the region and grape varieties. You will also be served a light snack of traditional cold cuts and cheeses.
A bike ride in Romania's vineyards
The hills of Dealu Mare are filled with vineyards. Besides the picturesque views, biking in the area you will pass local roads with little traffic, meet locals and see how they live and stop at a very old, small wooden church, hidden from the world. A peaceful, almost idyllic life. With delicious wine!
- Starting point: Urlati (or Bucharest)
- Nearest airport: Otopeni Bucharest International airport
- Nearest train station: Ploiesti West or South station
- Landscape: Gravel, asphalt and country trails
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?