Bike & Wine Tasting Trip in Bucharest CountrysideWith: Oana 2
What you need to know during the Bucharest Bike & Wine Tour
- This is a private tour on demand. Duration 6-8h. Please book or ask with at least 2 weeks in advance so we can book the winery
- Included: bike rental & helmet, wine cellar visit, wine tasting & local cheese selection with a local wine expert, transfer from Bucharest to bike trail starting point
- A relaxed and easy to medium countryside 20-30 km bike trip combined with authentic Romanian wine tasting
- We will also provide water, energy bars, fruits as well as some dessert along the way
- Romania is the 6th largest among European wine-producing countries, increasingly popular for its delicious - and affordable - wines. Prepare for a surprise!
- Tour can also be done on request for private groups and specific dates for an additional small fee - please contact Romanian Friend for details.
Your tour will also include:
• assistance car along the route where it can have access
• photos from the event
• discounts when purchasing wine from the cellar
Please note that usually minimum 2-4 persons are required for a wine tasting to take place, but we will make all eforts to acommodate fewer people as well.
• small tips for the cycling guides
Please note that a medium cancellation policy applies.
Moments to expect during the Bike & Wine Tour in Bucharest:
Premium winery visit & tasting
We will visit a typical wine cellar in the famous wine producing region of Dealu Mare in Prahova. Privately owned by a premium wine producer, we will enjoy a delicious wine tasting, learn about the history of wine producing in the region and grape varieties. You will also be served a light assortment of traditional cold cuts and cheeses.
A bike ride in Romania's vineyards
The hills of Dealu Mare are filled with vineyards. Besides the picturesque views, biking in the area you will pass local roads with little traffic, meet locals and see how they live and stop at a very old, small wooden church, hidden from the world. A peaceful, almost idyllic life. With delicious wine!
Cancelation & refund policyMedium
Sends us or the guide an email 3 days before the tour informing us you can't make it and you'll get a full refund of your payment, no questions asked.
- Starting point: Dealu Mare wine area (or Bucharest)
- Nearest airport: Otopeni Bucharest International airport
- Nearest train station: Ploiesti West or South station
- Landscape: Gravel, asphalt and country trails
Reviews from travellers
We had an absolutely amazing day with Oana on our wine tasting bike tour. Oana was incredibly knowledgable and kind. The views were amazing. She made the entire day seamless and easy. Everything exceeded our expectations, from views to wine.
We really enjoyed the day in the countryside with our guide Oana. She accommodated our special requests and worked hard to make sure we enjoyed the day. One of the best wine tastings we have experienced anywhere in the world - a passionate host, great wine and good food! All in all, a highly recommended day.
Other tours nearby
The Wine Tasting Tour in Romania
Start from: Bucharest
Secluded Forest & Lake Biking
Start from: Bucharest
The Complete Bucharest Bike Tour
Start from: Bucharest - Hard Rock Cafe
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?