Bucharest Day Trip: Visit Bran (Dracula) Castle and Peles in SinaiaWith: Bogdan 8
What you need to know about the Peles and Bran Castles Tour:
- This is a private guided day trip starting from Bucharest for small groups. Included: transport (400 km), guidance and entrance fees
- We pick you up at 8:00 and expect to be back in Bucharest around 21:00. Journey time around 3h (one way)
- Visit two famous castles of Romania: Peles Castle and Bran Castle (also known as the Dracula's Castle); entrance fees included
- Get a glimpse of Bucharest and discover the medieval Old Town of Brasov on the same trip
- We can stop for lunch according to your preferences - I know some good local restaurants
Please wear comfortable outfit.
Moments to expect during the the Peles and Bran Castles Day Trip:
Panoramic tour of Bucharest
Before leaving the city, we will drive you on a short panoramic tour of Bucharest to show you some of its most important sights and landmarks.
Considered a masterpiece of German Renaissance architecture, Peles Castle was built in the late 19th century as a summer residence for the royal family, especially for King Charles (Caorl) I. Located in the mountains and with a splendid palace garden, it will quickly impress you. Enjoy a guided tour of the castle and its surroundings and learn more about Romanian history.
Bran Castle - Dracula's imagined home!
This medieval fortress was built in the 14th century as a defensive border point crossing into Transylvania and to prevent the expansion of the Ottoman Empire. Located in highpoint overlooking the mountains and a valley crossing, the sight of Bran Castle's imposing and scary Enjoy a guided tour of the well known castle when you will find out stories about the infamous Vlad the Impaler and also about the royal family.
Brasov is a charming mountain city, with a strong medieval legacy, German influence and beautifully restored architecture. We will do a walking tour of the city's most important sights and then enjoy a delicious dinner at a Romanian restaurant.
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: Urban, countryside, mountainous area
Reviews from travellers
We enjoyed our tour with our guide, George - who took us around the Castles around the region.
We were looking for a private tour and a comfortable experience for ourselves as we came across many tours like this but weren't convinced of their quality. This trip was perfect: a very knowledgeable and friendly guide with a spacious and modern car told us A LOT about Romanian history and gave us enough context to understand what we're seeing. Didn't rush us and gave us space to explore on our own which was great. A long day but very good value for money, thanks!
I really enjoyed my whole day with my driver/guide Chip, Bogdan's colleague. He was very accommodating to my special wish, which was to also go to the Village Museum. He also suggested a wonderful monastery tomb visit along the way. He was polite, an excellent guide, and very knowledgeable. He was also open to giving me just the right amount of information about each site, without information overload. Snacks and some beverages were also provided during the day. I enjoyed this tour tremendously and would highly recommend it to others!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?