Freeride / Off-piste Riding Guided TourWith: Marius 2
What you need to know
- A full day of freeride / off-piste guiding in Romania's Carpathian Mountains with a professional winter instructor. 4-5 hours of riding
- Location: around Brasov or in Sinaia/Busteni (for those coming from Bucharest) or Balea (from Sibiu). Location also depends on weather conditions
- Included: only guidance. Not included: sports equipment, avalanche safety kit (mandatory) or pick-up from your location other than Brasov
- I will take you to the best places for freeriding in the Carpathian Mountains of Romania, in safe and tested conditions. Also subject to weather conditions
- Recommended for experienced riders with safety gear. Equipment available for rent on booking page
- I can rent equipment or pick you up from Sibiu or Bucharest at extra cost on booking page
If you don't have your own avalanche safety gear then it is mandatory that you rent one from me, otherwise I reserve the right to cancel the tour. 10 Euro extra cost on booking page.
We will reserve the right to make changes to the itinerary, depending on the weather conditions or the terrain to improve the safety and enjoyment of the participants.
Sibiu or Bucharest pick up at extra cost on the booking page.
Unless you mention specifically that you want a private tour, there might be other travelers joining you on this trip. Max group size 6. Costs will be lower for everyone.
Moments to expect
Before we start, we make sure that everyone knows how to stay safe in the mountains. So grab your shovel, open your probe and transceiver and get ready for some avalanche rescue games. Although it's just a game, you will feel the thrill, believe us!
Get ready to ride
We then start our hike through some of the deepest valleys of Bucegi Mts. and highest peaks of Fagaras Mts. Enjoy the panorama from the top and get ready to shred some powder on the way down! No matter if it's winter or spring, we'll find safe and untouched riding spots.
- Starting point: normally, Brasov. pick up possible from OTP/Bucharest or Sibiu
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International (OTP) / Sibiu International (SBZ)
- Nearest train station: Cârțișoara, Sinaia, Busteni
- Landscape: Mountainous, backcountry
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?