Castle Tour & Hiking with Great Views in Prahova ValleyWith: Dan 1
What you need to know
- This is a 1-day private tour starting from Bucharest. Duration: 10-12 hours
- Included: transport (approx. 400 km) and hiking guidance. Not included: entrance fee at the castle, lunch and other personal expenses
- Medium physical condition required for the hike which starts at at 1000 m and goes up to 1880 m
- Instead of Cantacuzino Castle we can visit the famous Peles Castle in Sinaia (included in the same price), but cannot do both
- On this trip you will see some of Romania's best views and attractions, with plenty of photo opportunities along the way
Depending on weather and your physical condition, we can adapt the hiking rout on the spot.
You need a light backpack, some snacks for the day, water, good hiking boots or similar. A windproof/waterproof jacket is required and comfortable pants are recommended.
Moments to expect
Cantacuzino Castle - the heritage of a Romanian dynasty
Cantacuzino Castle is one of the most beautiful and well preserved historical sights in Romania. It was the residence of the wealthiest and influential Romanian political dynasty, the Cantacuzins. So you can only imagine the beautiful indoor decorations and impressive architecture the castle boasts! And from its porch you can admire a superb, dramatic even, view of the Carpathian Mountains!
Hiking in the Carpathian Mountains
A beautiful hike in some of the most impressive mountains on Prahova Valley: Baiului Mountain range is very popular among those who like hiking, cycling and ski touring. We hike to the top (1800m) where the mountains have a mellow ridge with soft valleys we can cross - it's like walking on top of the world! For photography lovers this is the perfect place to get panoramic views of Romania's great outdoors!
[alternative] The royal Peles Castle
Instead of Cantacuzino, you can choose to visit Peles Castle in Sinaia, built as a summer residence for the Romanian Royal family. An architectural, engineering and interior masterpiece, the castle is very well preserved and one of Romania's top attractions!
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: Mountainous, hills, forests
Reviews from travellers
Marius from Romanian Friends was very helpful and prompt in replies to me. I also managed to get my refund (due to a change in my booking) very promptly. My tour guides, Laur and his colleague Oana were great! They ensured that I was able to keep up (though I was rather slow) and gave all sorts of interesting facts about the nature around us. The hike was more tiring then I had expected but definitely enjoyable. Laur and Oana packed lunch and it was lovely having a picnic at the top. I especially appreciated the tracking that Laur did using his watch to show our route.
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?