UNESCO Sites of Romania: Viscri & Sighisoara Citadel Day TripWith: Marian 9
What you need to know about the Viscri tour:
- This is a private day trip starting from Brasov. Duration: 10 hours
- Included: transport and guidance. Not included: entrance fees (approx. 10€) and lunch
- You will discover 2 major UNESCO sites: Sighisoara Citadel and the village of Viscri, learn about their history and local Romanian culture
- We will also visit Rupea Fortress built on a hill with great views of the area and learn about it's role in defending Transylvania'
- IMPORTANT: our guide-partner requires full payment of tour price in advance. Fully refundable if canceled with 3 full days in advance of tour date
Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes according to season.
Check the calendar to find out exact dates.
Moments to expect during the Sighisoara Citadel tour:
We start by visiting the remarkable Rupea Fortress. Built on a strategic hilltop with three fortification rings dating from the 14th century., it played a major role in defending Transylvania against Ottoman invaders and played a major role in Romanian history.
The charming village of Viscri
Viscri is part of the UNESCO group of Saxon villages with fortified churches and is one of the most representative villages for Transylvania local life and culture. Restored village houses are now guesthouses, locals continue their handicraft traditions, food is still plentiful and home made. Life is slow, charming and delightful. This is why Prince Charles bought a house here!
The second UNESCO site on this tour, medieval Sighisoara will impress you. Colourful old houses, cobbled streets, small details and lots of history at every turn. This important attraction in Romania deserves much recognition: it's very well preserved and true to its historic and cultural heritage.
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest or Sibiu
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Urban and countryside
Reviews from travellers
Everything was just great! The guide was very knowledgeable, helpful (I was travelling with my 80 years old mum) and he was just fantastic, friendly. We highly recommend this tour to everyone! And many thanks to Romanian Friend for help with planning our trip!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?