2-Day Transylvania Bike Trails Tour: Viscri & Saxon VillagesWith: Marius 1
What you need to know about this Transylvania Bike Trails Tour
- A 2-day private bike trip starting from Brasov exploring Transylvania's bike trails. Minimum booking required for 2 people
- Included - everything: MTB bike and helmet rental, professional guidance and technical assistance, visit of Viscri Fortified Church and Saschiz Saxon Fortress, breakfast, dinner, 1 night accommodation, transfers by car to/from Brasov
- Delicious meals with regional dishes and homegrown/made products. Overnight in a traditional village guesthouse in a double room, with en-suite
- Bike trails through villages, forests, plains, meadows and valleys. Trail surface: mostly gravel, forest or dirt road. No off-road or steep hills. Also suitable for less experienced riders
- We will use modern mountain bikes (MTB) and bike a total of 40-50 km each day at a relaxed pace. We will make comfort stops to admire views and talk about sights
- We will visit 2 famous Saxon villages, learn about local life in the area, explore the countryside scenery and enjoy a good time on our bikes!
Please wear suitable MTB or sports equipment and a light backpack.
Moments to expect in the Transylvania Bike Trails tour:
Day 1 - Sachiz Village
Saschiz is home to a Fortified Church part of UNESCO Heritage and a Saxon fortress from the 14th century with 9m high defense walls and the Peasants’ Fortress located on a hill overlooking the village. We'll visit these places and learn about the area while enjoying some very nice bike trails, sun & sweat - a great mix for an adventurous day trip in Transylvania's countryside!
Overnight in Cloasterf
We then travel to the nearby village of Cloasterf, also part of the Saxon heritage. We say hello to villagers and lovely ladies on our way (cows!) before settling in our overnight accommodation - a village house restored into a charming guesthouse. A delicious dinner awaits, with traditional dishes and products from the area!
Day 2 - Viscri Village
Viscri is probably the most representative and popular Saxon village in Transylvania. Tourist crowds are discouraged by bad roads leading to it, but bikers won't have a problem! It’s a place untouched by modern civilization, where life is peaceful and stress-free, food is delicious and the quiet nature is a well-deserved break from busy city life. HRH Prince Charles came here, fell in love with the place and bought 2 village houses - so why shouldn’t you?
Transylvania Bike Trails
One thing words and pictures cannot describe - the beauty of Transylvania's countryside. Soft rolling hills, natural scenery, friendly villagers and animals... a good and simple life. Whether you're a hardcore biker or just an amateur looking to enjoy the Romanian outdoords and some sightseeing, you will love this trip!
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Sibiu
- Nearest train station: Sighisoara
- Landscape: Countryside
Reviews from travellers
We have taken this two-day bike tour with Marius and we couldn't have been happier! Marius is very knowledgeable about the region and gave us very good pointers along the way. He was a pleasure to talk with during the breaks on various subjects, from Romanian culture and history to biking and other outdoor sports. Both my husband and I had no prior mountain biking experience but Marius was willing to make adjustments, never losing the positive attitude and cheering us up along the way. He gave us many tips that we found useful even for casual road bikers like us. On our ride we enjoyed breathtaking views of the valleys and forests and visited fortified churches, including the ones off the beaten path which Marius arranged to be unlocked for viewing just for us. We stayed in a guesthouse which was a renovated old homestead where the room and amenities were clean and comfortable and provided a great rest. The food prepared from local ingredients was excellent. Overall an amazing experience, much better than we'd expected. We will certainly recommend Marius as a guide and a biking instructor to all our friends. And special thanks to Romanian Friend - we planned our trip in Romania with them and booked 4 amazing tours!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?