Photo tour in Transylvanian Highlands: Villages & ViewsWith: Vlad 13
What you need to know about this photo tour in Transylvania
- This is a private tour designed for photographic opportunities starting from Brasov. Duration: 6-7h
- Included: transport and guidance by a passionate photographer. Not included: lunch
- We leave Brasov early morning or mid-afternoon to catch morning or evening light, depending on your preference
- We will travel into Saxon Transylvania to visit villages and go on light hikes in the surrounding areas
- Expect moderate walking. You will also see locals selling homemade or handmade products.
Comfortable shoes needed and good spirits!
Moments to expect during the Transylvania photo tour:
Photograph the beautiful landscapes of Transylvania
Rolling hills dotted by old villages, meadows, valleys and forests -- this is the famous Transylvania! I will take you to its most photogenic parts so you can practice your landscape photography skills!
Authentic rural lifestyle
If you want to photograph Transylvanian village life and how villagers live - we'll have plenty of opportunities for that! Of course, we need to be mindful of their privacy and respect their wishes, but people here are very friendly.
Visit traditional villages of Transylvania
The villages in this area were established by Saxon colonists in the 14-15th century. They had a unique architecture and organisation and are, fortunately, very well preserved and now part of UNESCO heritage. We will visit some villages, including Viscri, the most famous and photogenic of them.
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Otopeni 'Henri Coanda' Airport
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Hills, countryside, villages
Reviews from travellers
Very nice tour with great views and unique perspectives and photo opps! Vlad knows the area, locals and where to go to get great shots, and everything was perfect. Thank you!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?