Agro-Tourism in Transylvania: Food & Village Life at a Local FarmWith: Iulia 1
What you need to know about this agrotourism stay at a local farm in Transylvania:
- This package is for a 2-day stay at a rural farm-guesthouse in the village of Cobor, near Brasov
- Included: one night stay, horse cart ride on the surrounding hills with picnic, 3 meals. Not included: transfer to Cobor (see additional info)
- You will see authentic Romanian village life firsthand and learn about life on a farm. Meet villagers, see them at work and learn about their lives!
- Rest and relax in the peaceful Transylvania countryside or go for a walk on nearby hills to explore the area.
- All meals are prepared with organic and locally sourced products from our farm and villagers. Real & delicious Romanian food!
- Accommodation in restored Transylvanian farmhouses with en-suite bathrooms. Essentials are provided.
- Optional on booking page: bird-watching & hiking guidance in the forest with a specialised guide
Guidance for hiking trips in the hills is not included but can be booked; additional cost of 70 Euros per group available on booking page.
The only way to reach the village of Cobor is by car (80 km from Brasov). We can provide transfer from Brasov (both ways) for an additional price of 100 Euro on the booking page.
The farm can accommodate up to 20 guests in 2 houses.
Bikes can be rented from Brasov or Fagaras to explore the beautiful surrounding area.
Medium cancelation policy applies - you need to cancel with 7 full days before your booking date to get a refund.
Moments to expect during your stay at this agrotourism farm in Transylvania:
Horse cart ride on the surrounding hllls
This is the perfect way to explore the surrounding area and also to see how people travelled in the past. Just sit and relax in the soft hay, while riding on the surrounding hills and admiring splendid views of the Fagaras, Piatra Craiului, Bucegi and Persani Mountains.
Birdwatching on the hills [optional]
The hills around are rich many bird species and a colony of bee-eaters is nesting in a vertical clay bank very close to the village. We can show you where to go and give you binoculars or we can guide you on a birdwatching trip.
Enjoy a delicious brunch with local products
After we are done exploring the countryside and looking for signs of animal life, it's time to enjoy a delicious meal prepared by the locals with homegrown and locally sourced ingredients. And finish with a traditional Romanian drink!
Visit a charcoal producing plant
The traditional method of pyrolysis is still used in Transylvania to obtain charcoal that makes for a great, tasty barbecue. You can visit the 'factory' and learn about this centuries old process.
- Starting point: Cobor or Brasov
- Nearest airport: Sibiu or Bucharest
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Countryside, hills
Reviews from travellers
I really thank you, my Romanian Friend! You have made my stay in Romania special memory. Romania has impressively beautiful nature and villages. I wanted to see real Romania and Iulia granted my wish :) Even horse ride came true while staying at a rural farm in Transylvania! I came from Tokyo- crowded, sleepless, the largest city in Japan. The life felt very different when visiting traditional Romanian villages. It felt calm, delightful, simple, traditional, happy.... :) that's what I wanted to see long time! Without you, my trip to Romania wouldn't be very different from the trip to other European countries. I fell in love with authentic Romania and will be back for sure. Murtumescu!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?