Vacaresti Natural Park: the Newest Urban DeltaWith: Stefan 2
What you need to know
- This is a private walking tour in Bucharest for small groups. Duration: approx. 3 hours
- Visit the newest natural park in Romania which is also the biggest urban biosphere in Europe and meet the local rangers guarding it
- Wildlife watching and nature adventure in the city - lots of photo opportunities!
- We will see some amazing views of the park and surrounding area from a nearby high observation deck
The tour is available daily from 17 pm. Meeting point: Constantin Brancoveanu Metro Station (single exit).
Please wear mountain boots for wet and muddy conditions.
Moments to expect
Enter Vacaresti Natural Park
We begin our journey into Vacaresti Delta: we learn about the history of this area, what the communists wanted to build here and how nature reconquered this abandoned patch of land and turned it into a unique urban wildlife biosphere.
Abandoned outdoor theater
One good thing our former communist dictator Ceausescu did was to build this outdoor theater which was later abandoned after the fall of communism. Offering great views, we will visit this place and find out if there are any plans to restore it.
Great photo & wildlife opportunities
We explore the wetlands looking for hidden paths and signs of wildlife. This will be a great opportunity for you to take some amazing pictures of the surrounding area - so get your camera ready!
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: swamp terrain
Reviews from travellers
We had a wonderful and informative tour through Vacaresti Park with Carmen. She was an enthusiastic guide and clearly loves the area and appreciates the natural world as much as we do. We very much enjoyed looking at the plants and wildlife and hearing about the park's rich history. It was also lovely to visit this part of Bucharest that's off the beaten tourist path with a knowledgeable and friendly Romanian guide. Definitely recommended!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?