Horse Riding & Village Life in the Carpathian HillsWith: Ioana 2
What you need to know
- This is a private 3 day trip in the Romanian countryside for small groups. Minimum booking required for 2 people
- Included: 2 nights accommodation, full board with locally sourced products and traditional dishes, transport from Bucharest and horse riding guidance/lessons
- The horse rides are average difficulty but we also offer beginners courses. Exact route to be agreed on the spot
- Hiking in the area is possible with multiple trails available. Good physical condition is recommended
- The accommodation is in a traditional Romanian village house, similar to a mountain cabin. One big clean room for all participants
- The entire setting (including meals) will reflect traditional and simple Romanian life. You will be pleasantly surprised :)
Special horse ridding equipment (helmet and chaps) will be provided.
We can also pick you up from Râmnicu Vâlcea or Brezoi.
Moments to expect
Visiting the Village Museum - introduction to the universe of Odai
We will visit an open air museum to discover and learn about Romanian village life in the 18th century. That's where we'll be staying - in a sort of museum-village-accommodation that's traditional Romanian. It will be the perfect place for you to unwind and disconnect from the busy life while learning about Romanian culture, because our ancestors had a special way of living in a perfect communion with nature.
Go for a horse ride in the Romanian hills
We start by getting to know the horses, gently cleaning them and becoming friends. We continue with basics commands (Start!, Stop!, Left!, Right!) and then test our strength for mounting and dismounting. We have our first short journey on horseback and we come back for a meal, then go out again and repeat the next day! Experienced riders will love the diverse geography nearby and challenge their skills!
Healthy, organic, locally sourced, delicious, traditional Romanian...
FOOD! In this place the food is as natural as you will ever find in the world right! Delicious vegetables from the garden, fire-cooked meals, tasty fruits hidden in oven-baked cakes or other deserts. And a good Romanian wine. I also forgot to mention the amazing natural scenery.
- Starting point: Bucharest (or other)
- Nearest airport: Bucharest or Sibiu
- Nearest train station: Brezoi
- Landscape: Mountaneous, Countryside, Hills
Reviews from travellers
The horse ridding trip in the Romanian countryside was one of the the highlights of our 10 days in Romania trip. After putting our bag aside, we helped prepare fresh food. Peppers, tomatoes home-grown and home made cheese, some meat and other fresh delicious snacks were served on the big wooden table outside. After that we went for a horse ride for the first time. Mariuka, the host, knew exactly which horse matches our character/personality best and showed us from the beginning how to say hi and make first approaches to build a relationship with the horse. The first ride was amazing in the forest in the middle of the nature! On the second day we had the best coffee brewed with fresh warm milk from the cows. Rares, Mariuka's boyfriend, who was also taking great care of us, joked around with the horses and it was a very nice atmosphere and absolutely stress-less. If you go there in expectation of a hourly time schedule, you will be see that you have to be flexible - it is all more or less spontaneous. But in any case it was a wonderful experience and I would go there anytime again!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?