2-days Horse Riding in the Hills of Transylvania at a Local Ranch
What you need to know about this Horse ridding trip in Transylvania:
- A 3-day package with accommodation at a local ranch-guesthouse in Transylvania's hills, with horse rides included
- Included: 2 nights of accommodation, full board with delicious organic food, guidance and horse-riding instructor, one 3-hour horse ride
- Not included: transport to our guesthouse (available at an extra cost on booking page); riding pants and boots are not provided; additional riding hours costs 22 Euro and will be paid on-site
- The horse ridding trails are fit for intermediate-to-experienced riders and will take you through beautiful hills, meadows, valleys, river crossings and woodlands
- For beginners or less experienced riders, the 3-hour ride can be used for a teaching/training course in our backyard with our most loving horses and professional instructors
- Our instructors will determine your rider experience level before going out with the horses. Just come on over :)
- Accommodation in a rustic mountain guesthouse with all essentials, en-suite bathroom and a beautiful outdoor yard. Meals with locally sourced, home-grown products from our farm and local villagers - delicious!
We cannot provide riding pants and boots, but you are welcome to use one of the hard hats which other guests left behind. Hard hats are mandatory. English speaking guide and instructors.
Pick-up from Brasov, Sibiu or Bucharest is available at an extra cost on the booking page.
In order to confirm a booking we need a 30% advance payment. Romanian Friend medium cancelation policy applies (7 days in advance on booking date).
Moments to expect during this Horse ridding trip in Transylvania
Horse riding in Romanian: a unique experience!
We will go on a day ride in the nearby hills and enjoy the scenery from horse back. We will also admire Piatra Craiului Mountains and discover the beautiful nature of Romania. The hills are winding, rolling, with river crossings and no fences, uphill and downhill - perfect for medium-experienced riders!
Explore our farm
Aside from the 33 horses, we also have 14 cats, 4 dogs, rabbits, chickens, pigs and vegetable patches. We use our own products and buy the rest from our neighbours, so the meals are organic and prepared from local igredients.
Learn or practice your archery skills
You can learn how to shoot a bow & arrow in our front yard, or do some target practice if you're already experienced. Or you can just relax on our porch, admire the views or go on a leisurely hike in the area.
Our wonderful guesthouse in the mountains
Stay at our guesthouse and rest after a long day riding on the surrounding hills. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms and offer essentials. There are 2 large living rooms with fireplace, a large dinning room and a lovely porch - perfect for relaxation! Also - all our food is homegrown and delicious, but we can prepare a gourmet dinner for larger groups (extra cost available on booking page).
Cancelation & refund policyEasy
Sends us or the guide an email 24h before the tour informing us you can't make it and you'll get a full refund of your payment, no questions asked.
- Starting point: Sinca Noua; pick-up available
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International or Sibiu Aiport
- Nearest train station: Brasov or Sercaia
- Landscape: Remote village surrounded by hills and mountains
Reviews from travellers
After much searching and useless discussions trying to find a horse ranch in Romania, we came across this trip. the team at Romanian Friend quickly answered our questions and we booked. Though getting to the ranch is not easy, it was worth it because the location is amazing: great views, hills and mountains in the distance, and very friendly staff and horses! We did guided trips over the hills and our horses were easy to maneuver as they knew their teritorry. We learned about local life, saw beautiful views, ate delicious food and rested comfortably. Thank you very much for this experience, we plan on coming again!
Lovely food, delightful company and great views. My husband and children were impressed with the quality of the horses and how responsive they were. We are planning a second trip already. Thank you!
Other tours nearby
Start from: Brasov
Start from: Sibiu
Start from: Brasov
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?