Hiking Day Trip, Traditional Villages & Lunch at a SheepfoldWith: Adela 33
What you need to know about this hiking tour from Sibiu
- This is a private tour starting from Sibiu for minimum 2 people. Duration: 7-8h
- Price includes: guidance, transport, lunch at the sheepfold & admission ticket in Cisnadioara. Water and snacks not included
- Tour is suitable for all ages and fitness levels. We will visit traditional villages outside Sibiu and from there we go hiking. Route can be agreed on the spot also depending on weather
- We have 2 hiking options: 1 trekking in the mountains (2-4h, medium level, 5-600m alt difference) OR option 2: light hiking tour through the villages (2h, easy).
- The villages around Sibiu are known for their meat and cheese specialties. You'll learn about culture in the area, see locals and finally enjoy a traditional lunch-with-a-view at a local sheepfold prepared with natural & delicious products!
Outdoor equipment is required - especially hiking or sports shoes.
Moments to expect in the Sibiu hiking tour:
A bit of hiking in Sibiu
Let's go enjoy the beautiful scenery waiting for us just half an hour outside of Sibiu. Soft mountain peaks, picturesque valleys and hills with pastures and forests, mountain cabins and sheepfolds. Spending time in the beautiful Romanian outdoors is the best thing you can do!
Some Transylvanian culture too
We'll visit a fortress close to Sibiu to learn interesting things about the history of Transylvania and how Saxon colonists settled the area and influenced local culture. For centuries, people here farmed the land and took care of animals - and we'll see the traditional way of doing that!
Traditional & delicious shepherd's lunch
After our nice hiking trip we deserve a delicious meal! We go to a sheepfold and meet the people still doing the fascinating & ancient practice of transhumanta - you'll learn about it! In the meantime, lunch will be prepared with appetizers (local cheese specialties, cold cuts and fresh vegetables) and a main dish: a simple & delicious meal typical for shepherds. It will be a unique gastronomic experience in the mountains!
- Starting point: Sibiu
- Nearest airport: Sibiu International Airport
- Nearest train station: Sibiu
- Landscape: Mountains and hills
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?