Hike to the Top in the Most Beautiful Village around ClujWith: Szabolcs 4
What you need to know
- This is a private day trip starting from Cluj-Napoca. Duration about 7-8 hours
- Included: transport by car from Cluj-Napoca, hiking guidance and picnic lunch. Not included: drinks, other snacks
- We'll visit the village of Rimetea, meet locals and see how they live and their handmade artisan products
- The hike is medium-to-hard difficulty: an ascent/descent of 600m on rocky paths, 4-5 hours in total. Hiking boots and strong legs are required!
- When we reach the top - beautiful views await! We'll also enjoy a delicious outdoor picnic lunch
We'll pick you up from your accommodation in Cluj.
Hiking clothing and boots are required.
Moments to expect
Discover the beautiful village or Rimetea
Rimetea is considered one of the most beautiful villages in Transylvania, mostly because of the great care and pride of its hardworking locals of Hungarian ethnicity. Their houses are well kept, clean and keep local traditions and rural lifestyle alive. Let's visit the village and meet the locals!
Hike Szekler Stone
Behind the village lies Szekler Stone - our hiking objective for the day. We will make our way to the top where we will have a fantastic view of the whole area and time for some lunch! We will hike on rocky paths and the ascent will be challenging but worth the effort!
- Starting point: Cluj - Napoca
- Nearest airport: Cluj Napoca International
- Nearest train station: Cluj Napoca
- Landscape: Mountains & countryside
Reviews from travellers
This was an amazing day with Alex, we climbed the mountain to admire the beautiful scenery and enjoy a simple but very enjoyable picnic lunch that Alex had prepared for us including homemade relish from his mother. Alex was a well mannered gentleman who made our journey a memorable day. We would recommend this tour to anyone who had a good level of fitness and agility.
We loved everything about this tour! After a two hour ascent we reached the top of the mountain with a breathtaking view over the Carpathians and the village. The path can become quite steep and challenging at certain spots, so make sure to bring appropriate shoes with you. Our guide Iancu was very friendly and had a huge knowledge about Romania and everything we asked him. The trip was easily booked through Romanian Friend, perfectly organised and we felt comfortable throughout the whole day. After descending back to the starting point we enjoyed a well deverved beer with some delicious dessert from the local village with our guide, which was a great finish before driving back to Cluj. Thanks!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?