Hike to the Top in the Most Beautiful Village around ClujWith: Szabolcs 3
What you need to know
- This is a private day trip starting from Cluj-Napoca, suitable for small groups (2-8 people)
- Transport, guidance and picnic lunch included
- We'll meet the locals in the village of Rimetea and see their handmade products and home cooked food
- We will then go on an easy hike for 3-4h
- We will enjoy a delicious outdoor picnic lunch
We'll pick you up from your accommodation in Cluj.
Hiking clothing and boots is required.
I accept bookings for 1 person but you need to add the mandatory supplement on the booking page (+50€).
Moments to expect
Discover the beautiful village or Rimetea
Rimetea is considered to be one of the most beautiful villages in Transylvania, mostly because of the great care and pride of its hardworking locals. Their houses are well kept, clean and keep the local traditions alive. We will visit the village and meet the locals.
Hike Szekler Stone
Behind the village lies Szekler Stone - our hiking objective for the day. We will make our way to the top where we will have a fantastic view of the whole area. It will also be a great opportunity for some photography.
- Starting point: Cluj - Napoca
- Nearest airport: Cluj Napoca International
- Nearest train station: Cluj Napoca
- Landscape: Mountains & countryside
Reviews from travellers
We loved everything about this tour! After a two hour ascent we reached the top of the mountain with a breathtaking view over the Carpathians and the village. The path can become quite steep and challenging at certain spots, so make sure to bring appropriate shoes with you. Our guide Iancu was very friendly and had a huge knowledge about Romania and everything we asked him. The trip was easily booked through Romanian Friend, perfectly organised and we felt comfortable throughout the whole day. After descending back to the starting point we enjoyed a well deverved beer with some delicious dessert from the local village with our guide, which was a great finish before driving back to Cluj. Thanks!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?