Hike to a Unique Natural Reserve in Apuseni MountainsWith: Iancu 1
What you need to know about this hike to a natural reserve in Apuseni Mountains:
- This is a day trip from Cluj-Napoca in Apuseni Mountains, Western Carpathians. Duration about 8-10 hours
- Included: transport (about 4h), guidance, sandwich/fruit/snack and a bottle of water
- A medium difficulty hike for about 4-7 hours, route depending on your physical condition. No rock climbing involved
- You will see traditional mountain villages where we can stop for a snack or a drink (on the house!) and interact with locals
- Admire the natural, virgin beauty of the Carpathian Mountains and the great views in the area. Reconnect with nature!
- Pick-up from Turda possible
Please bring your hiking shoes/boots, light rain jacket and a small backpack.
Possibility to extend to 2-3 days, additional connected trails, hiking or mountain biking (Fitness level required: medium-high to difficult)
Moments to expect during the hiking trip to the natural reserve:
Climb to the top of Scarita Belioara
Scarita Belioara is a rock formation on the top ridge of a mountain. Situated at 1300m it offers breathtaking views of the surrounding Apuseni Mountains, part of the Western Carpathians. This will be our destination and the highlight of our hiking trip!
Vivid local life
On our way to the top of Scarita Belioara we will pass through remote mountain villages and communities. People living in these areas are the perfect example of the traditional, self-sustainable way of life of Romanian villages. You will see locals at work, greet them and have the chance to buy a jar of homemade honey, syrups, tea or traditional drinks or food from them!
Natural unspoiled resources
Scarita Belioara Natural Reserve is full of unspoiled natural resources which we will enjoy to the fullest! We know some natural springs in the area and depending on season might pick up some forrest fruit or mushrooms!
- Starting point: Cluj-Napoca
- Nearest airport: Cluj-Napoca 'Avram Iancu' International Airport
- Nearest train station: Cluj-Napoca
- Landscape: Mountainous, steep hills, country side
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?