Hiking and Via Ferrata Experience in Turda GorgeWith: Radu 2
What you need to know
- This is a private guided hiking tour from Cluj-Napoca to Turda Gorge and Turda Salt Mine. Duration: 10 hours
- Included: transport by car, professional mountain guidance, small snacks, bottled water, entrance fees to Turda Natural Reserve & Turda Salt Mine
- We will start with the hiking trip in Turda Gorge. The standard hiking route has a difficulty from low to medium
- Those looking for a challenge (and physically fit) can choose the Via Ferrata route (not suitable for those afraid of heights or without mountaineering experience). Required equipment included in price (helmet, harness, absorption kit and gloves) and also guidance
- Afterwards we visit Turda Salt Mine to relax and breathe healthy salty air.
Please bring proper hiking equipment (hiking boots or shoes, small backpack, rain coat and thermal jacket, comfortable pants). We might be able to help out with some of it if needed.
Medium fitness level requirement. The Via Ferrata route itself is low-medium difficulty but not advisable for those who have never done a similar experience before, unless in very good physical condition. Also not recommended if you are afraid of heights or are not used to mountain/rock climbing.
Lunch not included.
Moments to expect
Via Ferrata in Romania: a true mountaineering experience!
If you're looking for real mountain adventure in Romania - this is it! You will climb on steep karst ridges (heights of 200-350m) while hanging onto iron cables to explore the beautiful Turda Gorge Natural Reserve. Sometimes you will even climb vertically! We will pass through a cave and finally reach the top of the Gorge. The route is safe and you will have the support of a professional mountain guide and licensed mountain rescuer.
Hiking in Turda Gorge
The closest natural reserve to Cluj-Napoca, this is a great place to escape the city rush and immerse our senses in the natural elements of rock, water and air! The trekking route will take you through the valley and you will admire nature at its best - all the way to the top! This route is alternative to the Via Ferrata option.
The highest peak of Turda Gorge
Our route, be it on the classical hiking trail or using the challenging via ferrata, will take us to top spots in Turda Gorge with great views from 300m of the surrounding fields. I've been there many times and I can tell you: it's beautiful and very rewarding!
The Turda Salt Mine - a must see near Cluj-Napoca
Finally, it's time to relax and breathe in some healthy salty air! We will visit Turda Salt Mine with its underground amusement park and spend a couple of hours inside to recharge our batteries after a long day's hike!
- Starting point: Cluj-Napoca
- Nearest airport: Cluj-Napoca International Airport
- Nearest train station: Cluj-Napoca train station
- Landscape: Hills, countryside, rocky and very steep trails
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?