Hiking or Via Ferrata Lesson in Turda Gorges
What you need to know about the hiking tour in Turda Gorges
- This is a private guided hiking tour from Cluj-Napoca to Turda Gorges. We can then visit Turda Salt Mine or go hiking in Rimetea village. Duration: 10 hours
- Included: transport by car, licensed mountain guide, entrance fee to Turda Natural Reserve, snacks, bottled water
- We will start with the hiking trip in Turda Gorge. The standard hiking route is low-medium difficulty and will last about 4-4,5h. Sports shoes or hiking boots required
- Those looking for a challenge (and physically fit) can choose the Via Ferrata route (not suitable for those afraid of heights). Required equipment included in the extra services.
- Afterwards we can visit Turda Salt Mine to relax and breathe healthy salty air, or we can choose to do another hike in Rimetea village
Please bring proper hiking equipment (hiking boots or shoes, small backpack, rain coat and thermal jacket, comfortable pants). We might be able to help out with some of it if needed.
Medium fitness level requirement. The Via Ferrata route itself is low-medium difficulty but hard for those who have never done a similar experience before, unless in very good physical condition. Also not recommended if you are afraid of heights or are not used at all to mountain/rock climbing.
Lunch not included.
Moments to expect in the Turda Gorge hiking tour:
Via Ferrata in Romania: a true mountaineering experience!
If you're looking for real mountain adventure in Romania - this is it! You will climb on steep karst ridges (heights of 200-350m) while hanging onto iron cables to explore the beautiful Turda Gorge Natural Reserve. Sometimes you will even climb vertically! We will pass through a cave and finally reach the top of the Gorge. The route is safe and you will have the support of a professional mountain guide and licensed mountain rescuer.
Hiking in Turda Gorge for everyone else :)
The closest natural reserve to Cluj-Napoca, this is a great place to escape the city rush and immerse our senses in the natural elements of rock, water and air! The trekking route will take you through the valley and you will admire nature at its best - all the way to the top! This route is alternative to the Via Ferrata option.
The highest peak of Turda Gorge
Our route, be it on the classical hiking trail or using the challenging via ferrata, will take us to top spots in Turda Gorge with great views from 300m of the surrounding fields. I've been there many times and I can tell you: it's beautiful and very rewarding!
Turda Salt Mine - a must see near Cluj-Napoca
Finally, it's time to relax and breathe in some healthy salty air! We will visit Turda Salt Mine with its underground amusement park and spend a couple of hours inside to recharge our batteries after a long day's hike!
Alternative: go to Rimetea village and hike Szekler's Stone
If you want this to be a full day of hiking, we can go Rimetea village and hike the impressive Szekler's Stone! It will be a 4h uphill hike on rocky paths but the views from the top are breathtaking, I guarantee. And after that we can enjoy a delicious lunch at a restaurant in the beautiful village of Rimetea.
Cancelation & refund policyEasy
Sends us or the guide an email 24h before the tour informing us you can't make it and you'll get a full refund of your payment, no questions asked.
- Starting point: Cluj-Napoca
- Nearest airport: Cluj-Napoca International Airport
- Nearest train station: Cluj-Napoca train station
- Landscape: Hills, countryside, rocky and very steep trails
Reviews from travellers
Loved our day with Radu! Safety conscious, supportive and fun. We learned about Romania and experienced a beautiful day in the Turda gorge and Ferrata route. Also stopped at the salt mine. More interesting that expected. Would definitely book a longer trip next time. We saved lots of time & hassles traveling with a local guide.
Other tours nearby
Start from: Sibiu
Start from: Cluj - Napoca
Start from: Cluj-Napoca (pick-up)
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?