Hike to a Glacial Lake in a Magical Part of the Carpathian Mts.With: Dan 1
What you need to know
- This is a private day trip on request trip starting from Bucharest. Bookings for 1-8 people. Duration: 12 hours
- Included: transport (approx. 300 km) and guidance
- We will hike in the mountains an entire day with significant physical effort involved (high difficulty)
- The hike starts at 1000 m and goes up on the highest peak at 2135 m in about 5h. Driving time from Bucharest to hike starting point 3h
- Great landscapes and photo opportunities on the way
Necessary equipment for the hike: light backpack (20 l max.), hiking boots or similar, fleece jacket, windproof/waterproof jacket, water (2 l), snacks for the day (ex: peanuts, almonds, chocolate, dried fruits), something to cover the head, mountain pants or similar (windproof and waterproof).
There are no huts on the route and no water sources. In case guests want, there is the possibility of having dinner at a restaurant nearby, on the way back to Bucharest, after the hike.
2 hrs to get back to the car. The tour can be altered on the spot depending on the weather, physical condition of the guests, other relevant aspects.
I accept bookings for 1 person but you need to add the mandatory supplement on the booking page (+115€).
Moments to expect
Hiking up to Iezer sheep fold
After approx. 2 hrs of hiking uphill through the forest, we will reach Iezer sheep fold. Once we get there we will admire the beautiful ridge of Vacarea.
Admire the landscape and take some great photos
On our hike, you will want to stop many times to admire the beautiful landscapes and take photos of your trip. The Iezer Papusa Mts. are untouched and unspoiled by civilisation.
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: Mountainous, hills, forests
Other tours nearby
Start from: Podu Dambovitei, Brasov or Zarnesti
Start from: Brasov
Start from: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?