Hiking & Wildlife Tracking in the CarpathiansWith: Iulia 1
What you need to know about this hiking & wildlife tracking trip from Brasov
- This is a private day trip organised by an eco-friendly non-profit. Starting time and duration (depending on hiking route) to be agreed with guide after confirmation
- Included: off-road transport into the mountains, hiking guidance and wildlife scouting in a natural protected area with a mountain guide
- High chances of spotting wildlife and doing live observation (from a distance), but not guaranteed (nature cannot be controlled); at all times safety is our first priority
- We will venture deep into Fagaras Mountains through virgin forests and dramatic natural scenery - nature at its best!
- We will give you some binoculars. Physical effort can vary from low to medium depending on the agreed hiking route and your fitness level
- Pick-up from Brasov available for extra fee on booking page. The tour will start from Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei, early morning (6-7 am) or before noon
Please wear appropriate hiking clothes and footwear, preferably in dark/green colours to blend in with the surroundings. Also pay attention to weather conditions.
Please avoid using any perfume or strong odours because animals will sense you.
Wildlife scouting is usually done early morning or late afternoon. Departure from Brasov either at 5:00 am for morning scouting or 10:00 am for afternoon. Exact details to be agreed after confirmation.
Moments to expect on this hiking & wildlife tracking tour from Brasov
Approaching Fagaras Mountains. and the wild
Off-road driving through Dambovita Valley from Podu Dambovitei, the landscape changes quickly and you dive into wild forests, where signs of wildlife are common: otters in the river, tracks of deers, roe deers, wild boar, wolves and bear tracks. As we go deeper, nature takes its hold.
Your guide will choose a hiking route depending on your fitness level. We check the observation cameras, look for tracks and other recent signs of wildlife presence in the area. You will learn about animal behaviour and see their natural environment.
In the surrounding mountains you will find raw and unspoilt natural landscapes that are worth every photo you will take. We will stop and admire the view, enjoy the fresh air and marvel at nature's wonderful harmony in these parts!
Tour extension: Wildlife watching
After we spend the day tracking animals, we can go to a nearby observation hide in Dambovita valley where we will spend 2-3 hours waiting for wild animals to show up so we can see them live in the wild - very high chances!
[please select extension on tour details page]
- Starting point: Podu Dambovitei, Brasov or Zarnesti
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Brasov or Campulung
- Landscape: Mountainous & forrest
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?