3-day Hiking Trip at a Wildlife Observation Refuge in Fagaras Mts.With: Iulia 5
What you need to know
- A private 3-day hiking trip starting from Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei for 2-5 people who love nature & mountaineering
- Included: transport with 4x4 vehicle, 2 nights accommodation, 3 meals/day, 3-day hiking guidance and wildlife observation with a licensed mountain ranger
- You stay in a wooden observation refuge with a basic kitchen, dry toilet and no shower or electricity. We provide sleeping bags but you need to bring sleeping bag liner (or rent from us)
- Hiking in the area requires a good physical condition (medium to high difficulty). Route will be adjusted on the spot depending on multiple factors
- There are 2 wildlife observation refuges in the area we will use. Spotting wildlife is not guaranteed as nature cannot be controlled, but we'll do our best to track animals
- Meals with delicious, locally-sourced products and ingredients
- The trip is organised by a Romanian NGO for wildlife conservation. All funds will support our organisation.
Please bring adequate hiking equipment: clothes, footwear according to season and weather condition, backpack and sleeping bag + sleeping bag liner. As there is no electricity, bring flashlights and battery chargers.
You will be escorted by a mountain guide during your trip. Sometimes using 4x4 transportation. All professionals, our employees.
30% deposit required when requesting a booking; refundable you need to cancel with up to 7 days before check in to get it back - Romanian Friend moderate policy applies
Optional transfer from Bucharest Airport available at extra cost (see booking page)
Moments to expect
Enter Fagaras Mountains
Starting our journey in Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei, we approach the mountains by offroad car and then start hiking our way deeper into the mountains. On our way, we start looking for wildlife tracks and other forest dwelling animals to become familiar with the area.
Wildlife observation refuge at 1,700m
We hike our way up the mountains to reach the wildlife observation hide at Comisu. Made out of wood, it blends in with the natural setting and offers spectacular views of the surrounding area! Perfect for wildlife observation!
Wildlife tracking and observation
During this trip you will learn about nature's ecosystem in the Carpathian Mountains. Our specialised mountain guide will take you on wildlife tracking and observation trips. We check forest observation cameras, look for animal tracks and enjoy the superb views in the area!
Hiking in Fagaras Mountains
We are in the heart of Fagaras Mountains - Transylvania's Alps. There are plenty of hiking trails to choose from, of various difficulty and rewards. We can go up to 2,100m, circle Pecineagu Lake or explore other nearby peaks. Prepare for some mountain adventures!
- Starting point: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Zarnesti or Brasov
- Landscape: Mountainous & forrest
Other tours nearby
Start from: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
Start from: Brasov
Start from: Brasov
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?