3-day Hiking Trip at a Wildlife Observation Refuge in Fagaras Mts.With: Simona 1
What you need to know
- A private 3-day hiking trip starting from Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei for 2-5 people who love nature & mountaineering
- Included: transport with 4x4 vehicle, 2 nights accommodation, 3 meals/day, 3-day hiking guidance and wildlife observation with a licensed mountain ranger
- You stay in a wooden observation refuge with a basic kitchen, dry toilet and no running water or electricity. We provide sleeping bags but you need to bring sleeping bag liner (or rent from us)
- Hiking in the area requires a good physical condition (medium to high difficulty). Route will be adjusted on the spot depending on weather and other factors
- There are 2 wildlife observation refuges in the area. Spotting wildlife is not guaranteed as nature cannot be controlled, but we'll do our best to find them!
- Don't worry about food - the guide will prepare meals with delicious, locally-sourced products and ingredients [included in price]
- The trip is organised by a Romanian non-profit for wildlife conservation. All funds will support our organisation and mission!
- Important: please read next page for more info
Transfers from Brasov (50 Euro) and Bucharest or Sibiu (300 Euro) available at extra cost on booking page.
Please bring adequate hiking equipment: backpack, hiking clothes and footwear according to season and weather in the mountains at high altitudes (usually cold). There is no electricity so bring flashlights and battery chargers. No running water.
Large trolleys and bags will be left in the car as they cannot be taken up to the cabin. Please bring a smaller bag or backpack to take the essentials with you to the cabin.
You will be escorted by a mountain guide at all times during your trip.
Wildlife observation in safe conditions, but spotting animals is not guaranteed - nature cannot be controlled.
Payment in full required when booking. Refundable if you cancel with up to 7 full days before tour starts - Romanian Friend moderate policy applies.
Moments to expect
Enter Fagaras Mountains
Starting our journey in Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei, we approach the mountains by offroad car and then start hiking our way deeper into the mountains. On our way, we start looking for wildlife tracks and other forest dwelling animals to become familiar with the area.
[transfer from Brasov available]
Wildlife observation refuge at 1,700m
We hike our way up the mountains to reach the wildlife observation hide at Comisu. Made out of wood, it blends in with the natural setting and offers spectacular views of the surrounding area! Perfect for wildlife observation!
Wildlife tracking and observation
During this trip you will learn about nature's ecosystem in the Carpathian Mountains. Our specialised mountain guide will take you on wildlife tracking and observation trips. We check forest observation cameras, look for animal tracks and enjoy the superb views in the area!
Hiking in Fagaras Mountains
We are in the heart of Fagaras Mountains - Transylvania's Alps. There are plenty of hiking trails to choose from, of various difficulty and rewards. We can go up to 2,100m, circle Pecineagu Lake or explore other nearby peaks. Prepare for some mountain adventures!
- Starting point: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Zarnesti or Brasov
- Landscape: Mountainous & forrest
Reviews from travellers
Our time at the hide with Vlad was absolutely brilliant. We can’t help but feel very lucky to have seen boar, bear and deer up close and personal all in one evening! The views from the mountain top were breathtaking and we saw lots of tracks on our hike. Thank you Romanian Friend for a wonderful experience - we will never forget it!
Other tours nearby
Start from: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
Start from: Brasov
Start from: Brasov
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?