3 Days at an Eco-Friendly Mountain Cabin: Hiking, Wildlife & NatureWith: Iulia 1
What you need to know about this Mountain Cabin stay in the Carpathian Mountains:
- This is a 3 day all-inclusive eco-tourism private trip for 2-5 people who love mountaineering & nature experiences. Starting point: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
- All services on this trip are offered by a Romanian non-profit for wildlife conservation. Booking this trip will support their work
- Included: off-road transport from starting point, 2 nights accommodation, full board, hiking guidance and wildlife tracking activities
- Each day you will go on hiking and wildlife observation trips with a professional and licensed mountain guide. Physical effort can vary from medium to high. Route will be adjusted on the spot depending on factors
- Don't worry about food - all meals are prepared with delicious, organic and locally sourced products. Local wines and traditional drinks included.
- Our mountain cabin offers high quality eco-tourism accommodation: comfortable beds, all essential, bathroom with shower, heating. No electricity, but spectacular views!
- All funds will support running and expanding our mission: to create a wilderness reserve to preserve the raw natural beauty of the Carpathian Mts.
Please bring adequate hiking equipment: backpack, hiking clothes and footwear according to season and weather conditions. As there is no electricity, bring flashlights and battery chargers.
You will be escorted by a mountain guide at all times during your trip. Professional assistance.
Wildlife observation in safe conditions, but spotting animals is not guaranteed - nature cannot be controlled.
30% deposit required when making a booking request; cancelation with refund is possible up to 14 days before check-in. Romanian Friend hard cancelation policy applies.
Optional transfer from Bucharest Airport or Brasov available at extra cost on booking page.
Moments to expect
Day 1: enter Fagaras Mts & check-in
We meet in Podu Dambovitei (70 km from Brasov) and from there we travel to the heart of Fagaras Mountains! We go 1h offroad in a 4x4 vehicle and then hike for 15 min with our bags to arrive at our beautiful cabin! True to Romanian hospitality, we begin our stay with a glass of traditional drink (tuica) and appetizers while admiring the superb views of Pecineagu Lake from the cabin. We begin exploring the area, check our wildlife cameras and look for forest-dwelling locals. In the evening we feast on a delicious menu and local wines!
Days 2 & 3: Hiking and wildlife observation trips
Wildlife and bird observation is done in the morning - you will wake up with a cup of coffee and see animals from inside the cabin! After a tasty breakfast with homegrown local products, we get ready to go hiking in the alpine meadows of Fagaras Mountains - amazing views await! We return in the afternoon, look for more wildlife and enjoy the delicious evening meal. The trips will be customised according to your preference and physical condition.
Our mountain cabin with a view
You will stay at our specially built eco-friendly wooden cabin high up in the mountains with a SUPERB view of Pecineagu Lake. The cabin has a private bathroom with shower and can accommodate max. 5 guests. The food is organic, locally sourced, with local Romanian wines too - all included in price. How does that sound?
Views from the cabin
We don't call it a nature observatory for nothing - prepare for some spectacular views: sunrises, sunsets, night sky -- all perfect for admiring and photography!
- Starting point: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International or Sibiu
- Nearest train station: Brasov or Zarnesti
- Landscape: Mountainous & forrest
Other tours nearby
Start from: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
Start from: Brasov
Start from: Brasov
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?