3 Days at an Eco-Friendly Mountain Cabin: Hiking, Wildlife & NatureWith: Iulia 1
What you need to know about this Mountain Cabin stay in the Carpathian Mountains:
- This is a 3 day all-inclusive eco-tourism private trip for 2-5 people who love mountaineering & nature experiences. Starting point: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
- All services on this trip are offered by a Romanian non-profit for wildlife conservation. Booking this trip will support their work
- Included: off-road transport from starting point, 2 nights accommodation, full board, hiking guidance and wildlife tracking activities
- Each day you will go on hiking and wildlife observation trips with a professional and licensed mountain guide. Physical effort can vary from medium to high. Route will be adjusted on the spot depending on factors
- Don't worry about food - all meals are prepared with delicious, organic and locally sourced products. Local wines and traditional drinks included.
- Our mountain cabin offers high quality eco-tourism accommodation: comfortable beds, all essential, bathroom with shower, heating. No electricity, but spectacular views!
- All funds will support running and expanding our mission: to create a wilderness reserve to preserve the raw natural beauty of the Carpathian Mts.
Please bring adequate hiking equipment: backpack, hiking clothes and footwear according to season and weather conditions. As there is no electricity, bring flashlights and battery chargers.
You will be escorted by a mountain guide at all times during your trip. Professional assistance.
Wildlife observation in safe conditions, but spotting animals is not guaranteed - nature cannot be controlled.
30% deposit required when making a booking request; cancelation with refund is possible up to 7 days before check-in. Romanian Friend moderate cancelation policy applies.
Optional transfer from Bucharest Airport or Brasov available at extra cost on booking page.
Moments to expect
Day 1: enter Fagaras Mts & check-in
We meet in Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei and go in a 4x4 vehicle into the heart of the Carpathians. When meeting in Zarnesti we have a 2 h hike to the hide. When meeting in Podu Dambovitei, after a drive and a 15-min hike, we arrive at our cabin. You will be greeted with traditional drinks and snacks while admiring the superb views of Pecineagu Lake. We explore the area, check our wildlife cameras and look for forest-dwelling locals. In the evening we feast on a delicious menu and local wines!
Days 2 & 3: hiking and wildlife observation
Wildlife and bird observation is done in the morning - you will wake up with a cup of coffee and see animals from inside the cabin! After a tasty breakfast with homegrown local products, we get ready to go hiking in the alpine meadows of Fagaras Mountains - amazing views await! We return in the afternoon, look for more wildlife and enjoy the delicious evening meal.
Our mountain cabin with a view
You will stay at our specially built eco-friendly wooden cabin high up in the mountains with a SUPERB view of Pecineagu Lake. The cabin has a private bathroom with shower and can accommodate max. 5 guests. The food is organic, locally sourced, with local Romanian wines too - all included in price. How does that sound?
Views from the cabin
We don't call it a nature observatory for nothing - prepare for some spectacular views: sunrises, sunsets, night sky -- all perfect for admiring and photography!
- Starting point: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International or Sibiu
- Nearest train station: Brasov or Zarnesti
- Landscape: Mountainous & forrest
Other tours nearby
Start from: Zarnesti or Podu Dambovitei
Start from: Brasov
Start from: Brasov
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?