3-Day Best of Transylvania Tour: Brasov, Sighisoara, Bran & ViscriWith: Bogdan 9
What you need to know about this Best of Transylvania Tour
- This is a 3-day private trip starting from Bucharest visiting major attractions and cities in the region of Transylvania
- Included: full-time private guide & transport in modern car, 2 nights accommodation, all entrance fees (standard), snacks and water. Not included: meals and personal expenses
- Premium accommodation included: 1 night in a traditional mountain guesthouse in Magura. 2nd night in a medieval-styled guesthouse in Sighisoara Citadel. Delicious breakfasts with local products!
- Guided walking tours of landmarks and squares in Brasov and Sighisoara Citadel. Guided visits of Peles Castle, Bran Castle and the UNESCO Fortified Church in Viscri
- See traditional rural life in the picturesque villages of Magura and Pestera. In Viscri we can go for a horse-dragged cart ride, visit a blacksmith's workshop or serve a home-cooked lunch!
- Tour can be extended with 1 day/night to visit Sibiu and sights in the area (Biertan, Sibiel and Transfagarasan Highway) OR replace Sighisoara and Viscri with Sibiu (same price)
Horsedragged cart ride and/or lunch in Viscri depend on the availability of locals; their cost is NOT included.
Tour schedule and pace can be adjusted according to your preference.
30% deposit payment required.
Medium cancelation policy: cancel with at least 7 full days before the booking date to get a full refund.
Moments to expect in this Best of Transylvania Tour:
Day 1: Famous Castles and entering Transylvania
After pick-up in Bucharest, we drive to the famous mountain resort of Sinaia to visit the beautiful Peles Castle, former summer residence of the Romanian Royal family. Then we cross the Carpathian Mts. on a scenic road and enter Transylvania. We visit the medieval Bran Castle, popularly known as Dracula Castle, to find out if there is any truth to all the legends.
The traditional villages of Transylvania
At the base of Piatra Craiului Mts. there are some villages renowned for their authentic traditional lifestyle and picturesque sceneries. We will stay in a premium mountain guesthouse in Magura located at 1000m altitude with superb views of the entire area and can go for a short hike in the area to explore village life and meet locals!
Day 2: UNESCO Fortified Villages and Medieval Citadels
Now it's time to explore the countryside! We drive through typical Transylvanian villages and learn about the Saxon heritage, local culture and how villagers live. But the best way to understand this is to visit Viscri village, a UNESCO site famous for its fortified church, where slow life is surrounded by hills and fields. In the afternoon we visit the UNESCO Sighisoara Citadel, the best-preserved & still inhabited medieval citadel in Europe! We learn its history by exploring narrow streets and spend the evening in a medieval townhouse-turned-guesthouse!
Day 3: Brasov and back to Bucharest
After breakfast we leave for Brasov. Probably the most famous medieval town in Romania, it is charming against a backdrop of mountains and cafes on cobbled streets. We will discover the main landmarks of the city such as Council Square, Rope Street, the Black Church, defense bastions and go up on Tampa Mountain for superb views of the area. I know some great restaurants with local cuisine for lunch and after that we leave for Bucharest.
[Tour extension] Day 4: Sibiu & other sights
Having 4 days for this tour will give us more time to discover Transylvania and travel at a slower pace! On Day 3 we leave from Sighisoara to the village of Biertan to visit its famous UNESCO Fortified Church, and then on to Sibiel where a local family will prepare a traditional and delicious home-cooked lunch for us. Then we visit Sibiu, Romania's cultural cradle: bohemian, multicultural and cosmopolitan, with large squares and renowned for its cultural events and fine-dining! The next day we cross the mighty Fagaras Mts. by driving on Transfagarasan Highway (only during July-Sept) OR drive on Olt Valley to visit Curtea de Arges Monastery before returning to Bucharest.
Included: premium 4* accommodation
The guesthouses we selected for this trip are all top-notch: 4* services with comfortable beds in spacious rooms serving delicious and filling breakfast. Location: either with great views or in the heart of the city.
Samedru (Magura), Fronius Residence (Sighisoara) and Levoslav House (Sibiu)
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: Urban, countryside, hills
Reviews from travellers
We would like to thank romanian friend for this service and help with planning. Our three day trip to Transylvania was a very nice one. We had the opportunity to learn so many stories and history about Romania. Our guide, Bogdan, was for sure, one of the highlights of this wonderful trip. Once more thanks and highly recommend!
We did this trip of Romania with Bogdan which we extended with 1 day to also include Sibiu. We of course toured Brasov, Sighisoara and Sibiu and also did a 1-day hike in the Carpathian Mountains. Bogdan exceeded our expectations - he is knowledgeable, passionate, honest and enthusiastic - a rare combination in this business. We enjoyed every moment and we look forward to coming back to this beautiful country and tour the delta-region with Bogdan in the near future. Thanks to Romanian Friend for recommending this trip and assisting with our booking!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?