3-Day Best of Transylvania Tour: Brasov, Sighisoara, Bran & ViscriWith: Bogdan 5
What you need to know about this Best of Transylvania Tour
- This is a 3-day private trip starting from Bucharest visiting major attractions and cities in the region of Transylvania
- Included: full-time private guide & transport in modern car, 2 nights accommodation, all entrance fees (standard), snacks and water. Not included: meals and personal expenses
- 1 night in a traditional mountain guesthouse near Brasov. 2nd night in a medieval-styled guesthouse in Sighisoara Citadel. Delicious breakfasts with local products included
- Guided walking tours of the most important landmarks and areas in the cities of Brasov and the UNESCO Sighisoara Citadel
- You will also enjoy guided visits to Peles Castle, Bran Castle, the UNESCO village of Viscri and other traditional villages around Brasov to experience local life
- Tour can be extended with 1 day/night to visit Sibiu and sights in the area (extra cost on booking page) OR replace Sighisoara and Viscri with Sibiu (same price)
Tour schedule and pace can be adjusted according to your preference.
30% deposit payment required.
Medium cancelation policy: cancel with at least 7 full days before the booking date to get a full refund.
Moments to expect in this Best of Transylvania Tour:
Day 1: Famous Castles and entering Transylvania
After pick-up in Bucharest, we drive to the famous mountain resort of Sinaia to visit the beautiful Peles Castle, former summer residence of the Romanian Royal family. Then we cross the Carpathian Mts. on a scenic road and enter Transylvania. We visit the medieval Bran Castle, popularly known as Dracula Castle, to find out if there is any truth to all the legends. Finally, we settle into a guesthouse in the mountain village of Magura located at 1000m altitude. Here you can relax and admire superb views of Piatra Craiului National Park or we can go on a hike in the area to explore village life!
Day 2: UNESCO Fortified Villages and Medieval Citadels
Now it's time to explore the countryside! We drive through typical Transylvanian villages and learn about the Saxon heritage, local culture and how villagers live. But the best way to understand this is to visit Viscri village, a UNESCO site famous for its fortified church, where slow life is surrounded by hills and fields. In the afternoon we visit the UNESCO Sighisoara Citadel, the best preserved & still inhabited medieval citadel in Europe! We learn its history by exploring narrow streets and spend the evening in a medieval townhouse-turned-guesthouse!
Day 3: Brasov and back to Bucharest
After breakfast we leave for Brasov. Probably the most famous medieval town in Romania, it is charming against a backdrop of mountains and cafes on cobbled streets. We will discover the main landmarks of the city such as Council Square, Rope Street, the Black Church, defense bastions and go up on Tampa Mountain for superb views of the area. I know some great restaurants with local cuisine for lunch and after that we leave for Bucharest.
[Day 4 - tour extension] Sibiu & sights in the area
Having 4 days for the tour will give us more time to discover Transylvania, adapt the itinerary and travel more relaxed. Night 2/3 we spend in Sighisoara; in the morning of Day 3 we leave for Biertan to visit its famous UNESCO Fortified Church, and then on to Sibiel near Sibiu for a traditional, home-hosted lunch. Overnight in Sibiu, Romania's cultural cradle - bohemian, multilingual and cosmopolitan, with large squares, fine-dining and a passion for cultural events and street shows! On Day 4 we crossTransfagarasan Highway (if open for driving) or drive on Olt Valley to Curtea de Arges Monastery before returning to Bucharest.
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: Urban, countryside, hills
Reviews from travellers
We did this trip of Romania with Bogdan which we extended with 1 day to also include Sibiu. We of course toured Brasov, Sighisoara and Sibiu and also did a 1-day hike in the Carpathian Mountains. Bogdan exceeded our expectations - he is knowledgeable, passionate, honest and enthusiastic - a rare combination in this business. We enjoyed every moment and we look forward to coming back to this beautiful country and tour the delta-region with Bogdan in the near future. Thanks to Romanian Friend for recommending this trip and assisting with our booking!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?