Brasov with a Local: Mt. Tampa, Farmers' Market & Home-Hosted MealWith: Vlad 12
What you need to know about this Brasov with a local tour:
- A 3-4h private experience starting between 9-11am for a guided walk with a native of Brasov and finishing with a home-cooked meal.
- For the walk you can choose between Mount Tampa or an easy hike on the hills around Brasov to an unique viewpoint known only by locals.
- Then we'll visit a typical farmers' market where you'll have a cultural shock and I can show you the best Romanian foods and produce.
- Finally we go back to my home where my wife who is an excellent cook will be waiting for us with a 3-course dinner, Romanian wine and beer.
- Please book with as much advance notice as possible so we don't make other plans. Let me know if you have any dietary preferences.
Wear comfortable shoes for walking and a bit of hiking (sports shoes are ok).
The cost for the cable car up to Tampa Mountain is not included - 3 Euro/person.
Moments to expect
Walk to a unique viewpoint of Brasov
In the hills surrounding Brasov there are several unique shrines called 'troițe' built for religious worship by Romanians centuries ago. They're located in inspiring places with beautiful views of the old part of Brasov called Schei. We'll go for a light walk 1-1,5h to one of them so you get a unique panorama of the city. And on the way I'll tell you more about history and local life in Brasov.
[Alternative] Go up to Tampa Hill, and then we hike down
Or we can grab the cable car up to Tampa Hill where the famous Hollywood-style Brasov sign is. From 400m above everything looks better, including views of Piatra Craiului Mts and Transylvania's vast plains in the distance. From there we hike down back to the city (1h) and stop along the way when more beautiful views show up.
Walk on Brasov's old and side streets
I'll take you through the side streets of Brasov Old Town full of old houses, beautifully restored and well kept. You'll discover another side of the city far from the tourist crowds - my favourite - and have plenty of opportunities for great photos!
Visit a farmer's market
We leave the Old Town area and head to another part of the city where I live. But first, we're going to stop at the local farmers' market for a cultural shock! We'll check seasonal products and I'll show you Romanian and regional meat, cheese and pastry specialties in case you want to buy something.
A delicious 3-course home-cooked meal
Finally, the moment we've been waiting for! My wife is an excellent cook and we love having people for dinner. She will be waiting for us with a typical 3-course meal: a ciorba (soup), a main dish and desert. And I'll pour you a glass of the best Romanian wine or beer, as you prefer. And we'll have a great time while you find out more about the everyday lives, culture and spirit of Romanian people. It will be our pleasure to welcome you in our home!
Cancelation & refund policyEasy
Sends us or the guide an email 24h before the tour informing us you can't make it and you'll get a full refund of your payment, no questions asked.
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International or Sibiu
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Urban
Other tours nearby
Guided Walking Tour of Brasov's Old Town
Start from: Brasov
3-Day Best of Transylvania Tour
Start from: Bucharest
MTB Tour to Brasov's BEST viewpoint
Start from: Brasov
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?