7-Day Epic Bike Challenge: Transfagarasan and TransalpinaWith: Silviu
What you need to know
- This is a group trip organised only on selected dates (see calendar) starting from Bucharest. Max group size: 8-14 people.
- All-inclusive trip: 6 nights accommodation in double occupancy, full board, on-road professional nutrition, expert guidance, assistance vehicle, airport transfer
- Climb the two highest roads in Romania at around 2.100 meters: Transfagarasan and Transalpina
- All guesthouses are carefully reviewed and selected for location, authenticity and character
- We know how good it feels to have warm, healthy and delicious food waiting at the end of each hard day. We handpicked the spots where will be eating to offer just that
- You will be joined by expert guides on your route. Your luggage will be transferred each day.
Available starting dates : 3 JUNE, 1 JULY, 5 AUGUST and 2 SEPT. Trip lasts 7 days.
Optional: bike & helmet rental (120 Euro)
BOOKING & CANCELATIONS
Due to complexity of this trip and multiple bookings involved, you will be required to pay a 30% deposit that is not-refundable once your booking is confirmed.
If the start of the trip is within 30 days you will be required to pay the remaining balance in a couple of days.
Moments to expect
The Transfagarasan Road - the 'best road in the world' (TopGear)
On our 1st day you will do 35 km of hardcore biking and spectacular views, starting at 600 m and going up at 2.100 m. On the 2nd day, we descend 110 km of the winding and spectacular road between the mountain valley. On the 3rd day you can either rest by the pool or take your bike for some more exploring of the region.
The Transalpina Highway - 'Devil's Path'
Day 4 you will remember forever: "Man, that Transfagarasan climb was easy!" We take on Transalpina climb: a 30 km ride, 7% average gradient and a maximum of 23% at times. After conquering the climb we descend back on the Northern side of the Carpathians into Transylvania. On Day 5 we take you biking at the highest mountain resort in Romania around the town of Sibiu!
We pay extra attention to choosing the appropriate places to crash at the end of a long day. All hotels or guesthouses are carefully selected by our team for location, authenticity and character and are personally and constantly reviewed. Most of them are at least 3* and 4* locations, some with Spa & Pool. Food? DELICIOUS!
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: Alpine national roads, mountains
Other tours nearby
Start from: Sibiu
Start from: Brasov (pick-up)
Start from: Bucharest
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?