Timisoara on Bike - the full city experience!With: Liviu 4
What you need to know about this bike tour of Timisoara:
- A private & easy bike tour of Timisoara. Flexible starting time. Duration: 2-3h
- Included: guidance, bike rental and helmet. Not included: drinks or snacks
- We'll visit many parts of Timisoara by riding a bike. We'll go on bike paths, sidewalks and quiet roads with no car traffic
- You'll learn about the city's history and see some beautiful and peaceful lesser-known parts. We'll also bike through parks and gardens
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, as the ride will take approximately 2-3h hours.
The bikes are 26" weels Mountain Bikes, suited for different heights, starting from 1,5 to 2,00 meters tall. When booking please specify your approximate height.
Moments to expect during the Timisoara bike tour:
Fabrik Stadt - industrial old & new
We start our tour by going into Fabrik Stadt (neighborhood). Many factories and industrial plants were built here to be close to Bega river. Some abandoned, some still in use, this area was very important to the city's history. On our way we pass through the Gate of Honor - what's that? :)
Elisabeth Stadt - a royal but local neighborhood
Next, we bike to Elisabeth Stadt after crossing parks along the Bega canal. After visiting the famous student campus and a hidden garden we arrive at the heart of Elisabetin as the locals call it, and the beautiful Carmen Sylva park. This is where Romanians were allowed to build houses under Ottoman rule in the 18th century and later flourished under Austrian influences - hence the name!
bohemian Josephin Stadt
Finally, we bike to Josefin: the city's idyllic neighborhood with aristocratic houses of Art Nouveau and Neo-Reinassance inspiration. The city's rulers and rich elite lived here and there are many interesting stories and facts important for the city's history that we'll learn. One last bike ride on the Bega Canal back before we end our tour!
- Starting point: Timisoara
- Nearest airport: Timisoara
- Nearest train station: North Central Station Timisoara
- Landscape: urban
Reviews from travellers
We loved our bike tour of Timişoara with Liviu. He told us interesting stories and showed us some places we would not have found ourselves. Recommend!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?