Photography Tour of Romania: Traditional Villages & Local LifeWith: Vlad 2
What you need to know about this photo tour in Romania:
- This is a private trip starting from Brasov designed for photographic opportunities for small groups (1-4 people)
- Included: transport and guidance. On our way back can stop for a meal at some good local places I know
- Depending on weather conditions and your preference, we can choose between 3 villages: Holbav, Sirnea or Moeciu, and the starting time to catch the early sun or sunset
- We will visit mountain villages, meet locals, see their homes and daily life. While I know most of them, we must be respectful of their privacy and property
- Expect moderate walking and a bit of hillside hiking. You will also see many locals selling homemade or handmade products
All photos here are taken by me
Comfortable shoes needed and good spirits :o)
Moments to expect during this photography tour in Romania:
Walk & shoot in beautiful landscapes
The area next to Piatra Craiului National Park and Bucegi Mountains is magical. We can observe the local life villagers, animals grazing or just admire the beautiful landscapes. It is one of the best spots for photography in Romania!
Photography at the best light: sunrise or sunset
We can be there for the best light, depending on your choice. I can also help with recommendations and suggestions based on my experience. This might also involve some hiking on the hills.
Meet the village locals and visit a household
We'll meet some welcoming Romanian villagers who might let you into their homes to take some photos. Depending on the period, we might be able to observe them during special activities: farming the land, bush cutting, celebrations, etc.
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Countryside, hills
Reviews from travellers
I decided to visit Magura village, and wanted to hire a guide for the day to maximize my chances of getting good images. While doing research for my travels, I came across Romanian Friend where local photographer Vlad offered a photography tour around Brasov. I'm very happy I decided to hire him as he is not just an excellent guide but also a very genuine and easy going person. I had a great time, went to places I wouldn't have found on my own and took some great shots! I highly recommend booking Vlad via Romanian Friend if you're looking for a great time in Transylvania. / Fredrik from Sweden
I have traveled around Romania twice (once as a single woman and now married) and have never felt as welcome as when I was with Vlad on the photography tour. While I am not a professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination, I truly enjoy seeing the more real side of small town life. And Marius from Romanian Friend replied to my request IMMEDIATELY upon receiving it and within the hour on the SAME DAY I was on a private tour of the most beautiful villages with the most real and generous people, the guide included! If you are looking for a way to get beyond the basic tourist attraction, Romanian Friend is the way to go!
Other tours nearby
Start from: Brasov
Start from: Podu Dambovitei, Brasov or Zarnesti
Start from: Bucharest
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?