Magical Hike in Nera-Beusnita National Park to Ochiul Beiului LakeWith: Liviu
What you need to know about this tour to Ochiul Beiului Lake from Timisoara
- This is a private day trip starting from Timisoara. Duration 10 hours
- Included: transport, English-speaking guide, entrance to Nera-Beusnita National Park, small water and snack. Lunch is not included but I know a very good place with traditional food
- Easy hiking through forests, more like a walk through nature. Half of time time will be spent in the car
- On our way we will also pass through local traditional villages typical for Banat region
- We enter Nerei-Beusnitei Park and hike to Beusnita Waterfall, Ochiul Beiului Lake and the Roman tunnels in Sasca Romana
Please wear comfortable shoes for long walks and dress appropriately for weather conditions.
We can stop for lunch before returning to Timisoara at a very good traditional restaurants (price not included).
Moments to expect in the day trip to Nereu-Beusnitei National Park
Eye of Bei Magical Lake in Nera National Park
From Oravita we drive into Nera-Beusnita National Park passing through some beautiful traditional villages in the region. From the entry point, we go for a 45-min hike to the magical Ochiul Beiului Lake which has a spectacular and unique blue color that will mesmerize you! I will tell you some local legends about it, of course!
Beusnita Waterfall - magical nature
Our trek continues through the quiet forest for another 30-min to reach Beusnita Waterfall, truly a natural wonder in these parts. You will admire and feel Romanian nature at its best!
Ancient Roman & Turkish tunnels on Nera river valley
We return to the car for another 30-min slow drive through the Park and finally stop for another hike. This time we will go through several 2000-year-old tunnels carved by the Romans through the mountains to cross these parts, from their highest point to the lowest by Nera River. Spectacular and well-preserved!
- Starting point: Timisoara
- Nearest airport: Timisoara Traian Vuia
- Nearest train station: Timisoara
- Landscape: hills, forrest, countryside
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?