Hike Romania's Most Famous Massif: Fagaras MountainsWith: Marian 18
What you need to know about this hiking tour in Fagaras Mountains
- This is a private & full day hiking tour available on request for small groups. Running period: June - October
- Included: transport, licensed mountain English speaking guide. Lunch and drinks not included but available at Balea Lake
- We will drive on Transfagarasan Road and then start a 5 hour hike from Balea Lake to the main ridge of Fagaras Mountains
- The hike takes places at over 2,300m and a good physical condition is required. The views are worth every effort!
- IMPORTANT: our guide-partner requires full payment of tour price in advance. Fully refundable if canceled with 3 full days in advance of tour date
Please wear appropriate mountain clothing (warm) and hiking boots.
Weather can change fast at high altitudes.
Moments to expect in the trekking trip on Fagaras Mountains
Before we start our hike, get ready for the ultimate road experience on Transfagarasan Highway - the best road in the world! Admire splendid views of Transylvania's plains and the Fagaras Mountain ridges on both sides!
Balea Lake and ridge of Fagaras!
Balea Lake is Romania's highest glacier lake at 2,030m high with clear, ice-cold waters. From here we start our hike to conquer the nearby ridge of Fagaras Mountains where breathtaking views await! Our route will go along narrow and steep trails but no special equipment is necessary, except for a good physical condition!
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest or Sibiu
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Mountains
Reviews from travellers
Romania's most beautiful and tallest mountains - it was a great experience, thank you! Our guide was fun and made sure we were comfortable and ok on the trails. We saw some amazing views and plan on coming back. Thanks Romanian Friend for recommending this!
Other tours nearby
Start from: Sibiu
Start from: Bucharest
Start from: Brasov (pick-up)
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?