2024 7-Day Peaks of Romania [Shared Group Trip]With: Marian 59
- A 7-day shared, small group hiking trip starting on 29 Jun, 20 Jul, 24 Aug and 7 Sept 2024. Tour runs ONLY IF min. 4 people are registered.
- Mountain cabins have very limited places during peak season. You must register at least 30 days in advance to secure your spot.
- INCLUDED: licensed mountain guide with 10+ years of experience, all transfers, 7 nights of accommodation with breakfast, 7 dinners, 6 lunch packs for the hiking days, entrance fees to national parks and Bran Castle
- NOT included: drinks, personal expenses, travel insurance, tips
- We'll hike in 3 of the most beautiful and challenging mountains: Bucegi, Piatra Craiului and Fagaras.
- We 'ride' the ridge of Piatra Craiului to summit La Om peak (2,238m). We cross the mighty Fagaras to summit Moldoveanu (2,544m), the highest in Romania
- Very good hiking experience + physical condition + hiking gear required. Hikes will be medium-to-hard difficulty. No special equipment needed
- Visit of Brasov and Bran Castle included. Optional on day 4: bear watching program.
Registration closes 30 days before departure.
Tour will run ONLY if a minimum of 4 people are registered. If only 2 people are registered cost will be recalculated with an option for cancelation and full refund.
Equipment required: min 20L backpack, hiking boots, wind + water proof jacket.
Hiking sticks can be rented (30 Euro / person for the entire trip)
50% deposit payment required when booking. Fully refundable if you cancel 30 days before the tour starts or if tour is NOT confirmed.
Balance must be paid 30 days before departure. Not refundable after that.
IMPORTANT - if our guide considers your physical condition, experience or equipment is not adequate or can endanger the group's safe journey (especially for Fagaras Mts) he reserves the right to refuse to take you on the trail. Safety is our #1 priority.
Moments to expect in the peaks of Romania tour:
[Day 1] Fly into Romania & meet in Brasov
If you fly into Bucharest Otopeni Airport or Sibiu Airport, we will transfer you to Brasov (included in the price). You can also fly into Brasov in which case dinner is on us! The group will meet at 18:00 for a debrief and short guided tour of Brasov Old Town. Overnight at a centrally located guesthouse in Brasov.
[Day 2] Enter Piatra Craiului National Park
After breakfast we drive to Piatra Craiului Mts and settle into our family-owned, authentic mountain guesthouse in the picturesque, high-altitude mountain village of Magura. We do a full-day medium-difficulty warm-up hike to get familiar with the area and why this National Park is considered the most beautiful in the country.
[6h hike - 14-20 km - 600m uphill / downhill]
[Day 3] 'Ride' the crest of Piatra Craiului & summit
Today we have a mighty goal: to cross the impressive limestone ridge of Piatra Craiului Mts. and summit La Om Peak (2,238m), the highest here. This will be a difficult hike with technical sections. But the reward up in the sky will be worth it!
[8h hike - 16 km - 1,200m uphill + downhill]
[Day 4] Bran Castle, Bucegi Mts and... bears?
After breakfast we leave for a quick visit of Bran (Dracula) Castle, since now you've seen it from La Om. After that we pick up the trail and go up into Bucegi Mts, known for their deep valleys and steep cliffs. Or, alternatively, you can choose to do a wild bear watching program in the afternoon [extra 120 Euro/person depending on group size].
[Day 6] Enter the mighty Fagaras Mts
Today we meet the most challenging, highest and wildest mountains in Romania. We go on a ride on the famous Transfagarasan Road and from Balea Lake we hike on the ridges of Fagaras Mts to Podragu Cabin (shared dormitory) where we set up base.
CAUTION: Fagaras Mts are the most difficult and dangerous, with narrow rocky trails going on cliffs and some sections with cables
- 6h hike - 7 km - 800m downhill + uphill
[Day 7] Summit Moldoveanu Peak
Today we conquer Romania's highest peak at 2,544m. An ambitious objective comes with its challenges: though a short distance, the wind is strong, the air is cool, the weather unpredictable and the terrain sloppy and dangerous. But the reward is worth it so let's hope for good weather! Return to Podragu Cabin.
- 7h hike - 12 km - 700m downhill + uphill
[Day 7] Descend & return to Brasov
From the heights of Fagaras Mts (2,200m) we descend to the plains of Transylvania into the small city of Victoria at 700m altitude! Going downhill is easier but not less challenging! From Victoria we drive back to Brasov and arrive in the evening (18:00) at our centrally located guesthouse. Free time for rest, dinner and Brasov.
[6h hike - 17 km - 1,500 downhill]
[Day 8] Tour ends and transfer to airport
The next day we say goodbye and you'll be transferred to Otopeni, Sibiu or Brasov airport with some amazing memories!
Cancelation & refund policySpecial
This tour has a special cancelation policy set by our guide. For more information please check page 2 from the What you need to know section on the previous page.
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Otopeni, Brasov or Sibiu
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Mountains, rocky
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?