2-Day Danube Delta & Birdwatching Tour from BucharestWith: Alina 5
What you need to know about this Danube Delta tour from Bucharest:
- This is a private 2-day trip from Bucharest. Minimum booking of 2 people required
- Included: transport (500 km), guidance, 3-hours bird watching boat trip in the Danube Delta, 1 night accommodation and breakfast. Not included: other meals and expenses
- On the 1st day we leave early morning and drive 4-5 hours to the Danube Delta and village of Murighiol. In the afternoon we do the bird watching boat trip
- On the 2nd day we visit the city of Constanta and enjoy views of the Black Sea. Or you can choose to stay in the Danube Delta area and go for a second boat and birdwatching tour
- Overnight in a local guesthouse in the traditional village of Murighiol (double room with en-suite and breakfast)
- You will also see how locals live in the Delta area and can enjoy regional fish-based specialties that are unique in Romania!
Please bring sun protection and mosquito repellants.
Recommended to wear appropriate clothing depending on season.
Moments to expect in the Danube Delta tour from Bucharest:
The Danube Delta - a natural wonder!
On our way to the Danube Delta you will learn how this patch of wetland was formed and transformed the geography and life of locals, animals and birds living here. The Delta is the best preserved natural biosphere in Europe and home to numerous species of birds, wildlife and vegetation. We arrive in Murighiol, a traditional village representative for local life in the area.
Exploring the Delta's canals by boat
We are then guided by a local on his slow-traveling boat to navigate the Delta's canals and admire its natural beauty. We will see numerous wild birds, luxurious vegetation and sparkling lakes and understand how this patch of nature needs to be protected and preserved. The Danube Delta is one of our planet’s greatest wetland areas and is worthy of being a UNESCO-protected site. After this 3-hour boat ride you will see why!
City of Constanta and the Black Sea
Next morning after breakfast we will leave for the city of Constanta. Known as Tomis 2,000 years ago, this is one of the oldest documented cities in Romania and was a major trading port on the Black Sea. It has a rich mix of Greek, Roman, Ottoman, Tatar and Armenian culture and we will visit the Old Town area, main squares and, of course, the Black Sea promenade and the Casino Palace, the city's famous landmark. If weather allows we can also spend some time on the beach!
[Tour extension] Spend the 2nd day in the Danube Delta OR add a 3rd day
Instead of visiting Constanta, you can choose to spend your 2nd day in the Danube Delta and go on a boat ride on a different canal route to explore other areas of the Delta and do birdwatching. Extra cost of 30 Euro/person.
OR you can spend another night in the Delta at an extra cost of 90 Euro/person.
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Otopeni International (Henri Coanda)
- Nearest train station: North Train Station
- Landscape: Wetlands
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?