The Black Sea Calling: Day Trip to Constanta & Mamaia BeachWith: Alina 5
What you need to know
- This is a private day trip from Bucharest to the Black Sea for small groups. Duration: 10-12 hours
- Included: transport with AC-equipped car and professional guidance. Not included: lunch, entrance fees or gondola ride
- Learn about the rich, multicultural history of Constanta on a guided tour through its Old Town and major sights
- Enjoy 3-4 hours by the seaside in the beach resort of Mamaia! Many beach bars, restaurants, pools or public spots available
- The best times for taking a bath is between June - August. The sea is usually around 18-22 degrees, salty, clear and dark blue :)
- Flexible program depending on your preference. I know places with fresh fish or seafood!
Pick up from your hotel / accommodation.
Journey time: 2 - 2,5 hours / one way
Nothing more to add - just bring your good spirits! :)
Moments to expect
Visit & tour the main sights of Constanta, the ancient city of Tomis!
Long ago Constanta was also known as Tomis - a greek settlement from 6th century BC and one of the oldest and most important harbours by the Black Sea. I will take you on a guided walking tour in the Old Town so you can see the city's main attractions, historic sights (churches, mosques, ancient ruins and an archeological museum) and harbour. Of course, we will also stop at the decaying Casino Palace, emblematic for Romania's years of monarchy.
Free time by the beach: the beach resort of Mamaia
Mamaia is undeniably Romania’s most popular Black Sea resort. Founded during royal times, it is a favourite for summer holidays thanks to its soft golden sands, wide beaches and peaceful dark blue sea. We can enjoy the sun or take a bath, stroll through the resort's promenade or take a ride on the gondola to see views far and near from above! Many things we can do - I'll tell you everything and you can decide!
Admire the Black Sea
It is said that all seas have their own personality and vibe - and the Black Sea makes no exception. Go for a long walk all year round on its promenade to find out!
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest International Henri Coanda Airport
- Nearest train station: North Train Station
- Landscape: urban, seaside
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?