The Best of Danube Delta Tour: a Living Natural WonderWith: Iliuta 3
What you need to know about this Danube Delta tour:
- This is a 4-day group trip in the Danube Delta starting from Tulcea
- Included: 3 nights at a local guesthouse, full board (local fish cuisine, home cooked), transfers, boat rides (2 each day of 4h), fees paid to local authorities and licensed Danube Delta guide
- We will use an open boat to navigate the canal offering full views of our surrounding area. Equipped with comfortable benches, lifejacket for each passenger and professional driver
- At all times we will try to teach you about the places we visit, birds and flora we encounter. We will take you to see different parts of the Danube Delta and help you discover its natural beauty
- Our traveling speed will be slow to allow sightseeing, bird watching and admiring the beautiful surrounding nature
- Movement of bird flocks is unpredictable, but we know their usual areas and routes. We will also visit Letea Forest, a unique place in the Delta
Personal equipment recommended:
Trousers and long sleeve blouses; mosquito protection or repellants;
Watch Cap (not baseball cap) + Sun hat
Jacket or a raincoat
Please take very seriously the equipment requirement. Weather in Danube Delta can be changeable, especially on the boat, you will feel uncomfortable if you are not well protected.
You need to cancel with 14 full days before the booking date to get a refund - hard cancelation policy applies
Moments to expect in this Danube Delta trip:
Arrival and first contact with the Danube Delta
We will wait for you at Port Aval - Tulcea and take you to your guesthouse. We will travel by boat, through one of the most beautiful parts on Danube Delta. In the evening you will enjoy a traditional fish-based dinner. After the meal we will discuss what we have planned for you next.
Looking for birds on lakes!
After breakfast - we're headed for the lakes! Depending on Danube water level and info we get on where large groups of birds are feeding, we plan our routes for the 2 boat rides of the day. We return for a delicious homemade fish lunch and relax for a few moments, then go out again. When we get back (after sunset), another traditional dinner will be waiting for us after a long and impressive day!
Explore a fishermen's village: Letea
After breakfast, we get on our boats and go to Letea Forest and Letea Village, a simple, secluded and peaceful village with very welcoming locals. Seeing how their live their lives is an experience in itself! We will have lunch in a very beautiful local home where our hosts will cook us a delicious meal with catch of the day and then enjoy a walk on the fine sands of the beach. Or sunbathe & take a bath!
One last ride in the Danube Delta
After breakfast, we will take you back to Tulcea on the boat ride, which will last about 3 hours. You can enjoy one last view of the splendid and rich Danube Delta, before we say our goodbyes.
- Starting point: Tulcea
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Tulcea
- Landscape: Danube Delta Nature
Reviews from travellers
We worked with Romanian Friend to organize a private tour of the Danube Delta, which we really enjoyed. What we liked about Romanian Friend is their role as a curator of interesting, high-quality Romania-related experiences as well as the brokering with the right tour companies. The tour itself was well organized. We were able to see beautiful wildlife as well as explore the inhabited parts of the Delta, and we were well taken care of throughout. Highly recommend!
Using Romanian Friend to book this Danube Delta tour was easy and the accommodation at Mila 23 and itinerary of this tour was very good! The Delta is a magical place and we saw parts we couldn't have on our own. The guide was a real local and he had very good knowledge of all the birds and wildlife in the area which we saw on all our boat trips. Very good tour, would highly recommend!
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?