Bucharest Nightlife Tour: Craft Beer & Hip BarsWith: Doru 6
What you need to know about this Bucharest nightlife tour:
- This is an evening tour starting at 6:30 pm lasting about 4 hours. We will cover the main 'going out' areas of the city and the coolest craft beer bars in town
- Included: guidance, 1 street snack, Romanian platter sampler, 1 flight of beer, 2 pints of Romanian craft beers, peanuts/savoury snack with beer & local tips
- We start from Piata Romana area, venture through locals' favourite Piata Amzei, continue on Victory Avenue & Revolution square, before ending in Old Town area
- Learn local tales & legends from the old days to the modern world about the drinking habits of Bucharest's locals
- Sample some of the best local beers, from craft/microbrews to everyday brands, including the first craft beer produced in post-communist Romania.
- Besides cool bars you would never find on your own, you'll learn about the city's history and taste a platter with traditional Romanian snacks that go well with beer!
This tour is not suitable for underage adults or children.
Please wear comfortable shoes for walking.
Moments to expect in the Bucharest craft beer tour:
Introduction to Romanian craft beers
We start our tour with a popular street pastry fresh out the oven of a local street vendor - perfect before we start drinking! Our first stop is our favorite craft beer bar on Victory Avenue (Calea Victoriei). Here we indulge with a flight of 4 local craft beers and I'll share some details about the history and passion for beer brewing in Romania.
The hippest underground pubs & bars
We continue our walk on Victory Avenue where major landmarks create a mixture of royalty and communist influences that defines the history of Bucharest - of course, I'll tell you more about it! Our next stop is a hidden gem-of-a-bar in a historical location with great atmosphere. We continue our stories about beer brewing and taste the oldest beer brands in Romania!
Vibrant night scene in the ruins of Little Paris
To wrap it up, we stop in an exquisite turn-of-the-century townhouse, lovingly restored but with that irresistible sense of elegant decay so typical of Bucharest. Here, we sample a selection of Romanian entrees such as goat cheese, cured meat, spring onions, homemade bread - the perfect introduction to authentic Romanian flavours and cuisine. Relax and take in the local atmosphere of this secluded little hideaway, either in the original interior or outside under trees and vines.
- Starting point: Bucharest
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Bucharest North Railway Station
- Landscape: Urban
Other tours nearby
Start from: Bucharest
Start from: Bucharest
Start from: University Square
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?