Pure Wilderness Experience: Mountaineering & Wildlife TrackingWith: Simona 19
What you need to know
- This is a private 5 days trip starting from Brasov and suitable for small groups 2-6 people. Recommended booking for 2 people
- Included: transport from Brasov to entry point in Piatra Craiului National Park, 4 nights accommodation, mountain guidance and observation with a wildlife researcher
- Accommodation will be in a mountain cabin, with dry toilet and no shower, but has clean beds, provides linen and serves food
- This is a wildlife and nature exploration trip which requires an above average/high level of fitness and mountaineering experience
- Natural wildlife observation is done in very safe conditions and from a distance. You will have to sit quietly, need to be patient and well dressed to endure weather conditions
- You will not sleep long, as you need to be in the field before sunrise (3-5 am) for natural wildlife observation and you go back to the cabana after dark
You need to be properly equipped for mountaineering. More details on email.
Additional food can be picked up from Brasov but needs to be carried in our backpacks to the mountain cabin.
Moments to expect
Pick up from Brasov and hike to the mountain cabin
You will need to arrive in Brasov area around noon, as from here there is a 4-5 hours hike up to the mountain cabin at 1200m which will be our basecamp for this trip. You will carry your equipment in your backpack and expect a medium uphill but pleasant hike in Piatra Craiului National Park, the most beautiful in Romania.
Pure wild experience: nature exploring and bear observation
For the next three days we will do various trips in the mountains to explore natural beauty and do some wildlife tracking and - hopefully - observation of brown bears. You will start before sunrise and hike to areas where we know you'll have maximum chances to see wild bears in natural but safe conditions.
Last day: descend back to civilisation
On the last day we will have one last early morning field trip and then return to Brasov (app 4h downhill hike) with some great experiences and memories to share.
- Starting point: Brasov
- Nearest airport: Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport
- Nearest train station: Brasov
- Landscape: Mountainous & forrest
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?