The Fairytale Colibita Lake: Hike or Bike on a 2-Day TripWith: Sergiu 2
What you need to know about this Colibita Lake tour:
- This is a 2-day private hiking or bike trip from Cluj-Napoca for groups between 2-8 persons
- Included: transport, 1 night accommodation in local guesthouse, half-board, snacks and water, hiking guidance. Not included: other meals and expenses
- Several hiking trails of varying difficulty available in the area of Colibita Lake, depending on your choice & fitness level
- Optional: MTB rental available on booking page so we can explore the area by bike, many beautiful tracks to choose from
- Admire and enjoy the views of Colibita Lake from a local guesthouse, with traditional food and friendly people! During summer time please advanced bookings are recommended to guarantee spots
- Rowing boat is available for rent from the guesthouses, depending on availability and at extra cost
- Pick-up from Bistrita possible
Please bring appropriate equipment: hiking shoes/boots, light rain jacket and a small backpack.
Possibility to extend to 3-4 days, additional connected trails, hiking or mountain biking (Fitness level required: medium-high to difficult).
For bike rental we also provide helmet.
Moments to expect in this Colibita Lake trip:
Colibita Lake - beauty & legends
The lake was created on top of the small community of Colibita, though villagers tried to resist and refused to move. Locals say that when the water drops low enough, the cross on top of the tower from the old church - which no one dared demolish - can be seen in the water. Truthful or not, one thing is for sure: the lake is breathtakingly beautiful and peaceful!
Explore the area on hiking trips
Calimani Mountains are volcanic, wild and very well preserved. With heights ranging from 1800-2100m, there are numerous hiking routes we can choose from to get better views of Colibita Lake. Nature at its best!
Biking in the area? YES please.
For those passionate about nature MTB, you should know that there are a wide variety of trails and paths, including some rocky trails used by the army in the first World War, that we can go on. The virgin beauty of these woodlands will impress you!
Relax. Enjoy. Repeat.
The area around Colibita Lake - Calimani Mountains is so remote, peaceful, untouched by civilisation and wildly beautiful you won't believe it! Said to have the cleanest air in Romania, this is the perfect place to relax, enjoy nature and disconnect from your busy world!
- Starting point: Cluj-Napoca
- Nearest airport: Cluj-Napoca 'Avram Iancu' International Airport
- Nearest train station: Cluj-Napoca or Bistrita
- Landscape: Mountainous, steep hills, country side
4 times a year we prepare a newsletter with local stories, places and our special insights about Romanian culture and local life that will inspire you to visit our country and have an authentic local experience. Would you like to get it?